Wordpress <section class="cat-singles">

MissKT

Hi
I need help. I want to organize my WordPress home page layout like this website http://www.thestandard.co.zw/
I need help organizing the way the news section has been created,politics and international. How do you organize the layout like that?

ITCynic

Expert Member
By using a custom template or a newspaper type template

Google for Wordpress Templates or try WooThemes.

MissKT

I am thinking its based off categories. You creat post categories and then use a short code or custom code to only shown posts from that certain category. This plugin could asssist you: https://wordpress.org/plugins/list-category-posts/other_notes/ Give me a shout if you need any assistance with your website.

Hi nic777
Thank you for the link,im going through it and just trying to get it,im new to web design so it's a learning curve. I am creating a blog where I want to group posts like in that website I shared. Thank you for offering your services but i'll pass since I can't afford your service,I know you guys won't lend a helping hand free :)

MissKT

By using a custom template or a newspaper type template

Google for Wordpress Templates or try WooThemes.

O-h.k...but I digged google for something like that but I couldn't get exact answer.

envo

Expert Member
Hi nic777
Thank you for the link,im going through it and just trying to get it,im new to web design so it's a learning curve. I am creating a blog where I want to group posts like in that website I shared. Thank you for offering your services but i'll pass since I can't afford your service,I know you guys won't lend a helping hand free :)

You are going to learn a bit more than just web design with wordpress, but it's a good solid platform and there's usually tons of material out there. Themes are very customizable, but you'd need to learn some wordpress markup as well as simple PHP. Good luck

Westmore

Just be careful with plug-ins, not all of them are kept up to date or have support.

Some plug-ins also slow your site down.

Good luck it is fun :)

Have a look at Themeforest they have lots of themes and the guys who own the themes are very helpful with their support.

Darko

Just because the site is built using Wordpress doesn't mean that the solution you're looking for is via Wordpress.

The content layout style isn't governed by Wordpress, but rather with CSS classes and positioning.

Find your solution by placing a blank widget into your sidebar, and experimenting with some inline CSS styling until you get what you want. You can then add the css into the wordpress theme css.

MissKT

Just be careful with plug-ins, not all of them are kept up to date or have support.

Have a look at Themeforest they have lots of themes and the guys who own the themes are very helpful with their support.

Thank you very much. It's frustrating and fun at the same time but I will soon get a hold of it,

MissKT

Thank you very much will do check them out.

MissKT

Just because the site is built using Wordpress doesn't mean that the solution you're looking for is via Wordpress.

The content layout style isn't governed by Wordpress, but rather with CSS classes and positioning.

Find your solution by placing a blank widget into your sidebar, and experimenting with some inline CSS styling until you get what you want. You can then add the css into the wordpress theme css.

Interesting. I really need to learn this css styling and stop taking YouTube shortcuts,