Would you get tested for Covid?

Would you get tested for covid if you had symptoms?

• Yes, immediately

Votes: 83 36.9%
  • No, but I would self-isolate for the recommended period

Votes: 46 20.4%
  • No, I would stay home for a few days until I felt better

Votes: 59 26.2%
  • I would carry on as usual

Votes: 21 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 16 7.1%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
If you woke up with covid symptoms would you get tested, or would you assume you had it and self-isolate for the recommended period of 14 days?

Or would you just carry on as usual?

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Other - If I had symptoms, isolate but not get tested. Unless I was around a lot of people recently or if I had something coming up like travel, then I would go get a test.

3WA

Honorary Master
I get allergies in pollen season so if I get that I wait a day or two for it to clear up. If it were to get worse, I'd go get tested.

If I were to isolate for ten days every time my nose ran, I'd never leave the house again.

ebendl

Expert Member
My eldest (9 years) had a headache lastweek Tuesday. He has never had a headache before and was also complaining that he was tired.

Decided to have him tested quickly before school, and lo-and-behold, he was positive.

We have since been isolating at home, not sure if it is still necessary to need to go and test. I have been vaccinated but have something in my throat.

B-1

Expert Member
Work requires testing so yes I would have to test.

rh1

Expert Member
If you have to do it a few times, it becomes expensive whether at R850 or R350 a pop. So yeah not worried. Only went for one test this year.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
Depends.
Which symptoms, and severity, and do I have stuff to do (like wedding attendances) which would require me know if I'm going to infect anyone.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
For symptoms like sore throat or light cough, and nothing else, no. I would stay at home.

If I had severe cough and/or fever, then I would get tested.

Be careful with that.

I had classic sinusitis symptoms; congestion, headache, post-nasal drip. The only reason why I went for a test is because I lost my taste/smell. Had I not lost my taste/smell, I'd have gone to work and possibly spread it.

Last edited: