Xbox controller left analog stick..err..stick

DarKWateR

Expert Member
Well it seems like my left analog stick sometimes gets stuck when I move it left. My character/car/action will just keep on going left even though I'm not pressing anything :(

Thing is...I bought the unit from CNA and their policy is that all Xbox related faults will NOT be handled instore and therefor the client has do deal directly with Mi Digital. So err....what do I do?

maestro_za

Expert Member
Well it seems like my left analog stick sometimes gets stuck when I move it left. My character/car/action will just keep on going left even though I'm not pressing anything :(

Thing is...I bought the unit from CNA and their policy is that all Xbox related faults will NOT be handled instore and therefor the client has do deal directly with Mi Digital. So err....what do I do?

That's not normal at all! In terms of the analog stick, from a quick look at my supplier price list ... that's not on the list.

Find out if somebody has a cheap/broken controller available and then I can do a repair at a nominal fee for you by using the "loaned" analog stick.

Alternatively call MI Digital and deal with their sometimes non-existent customer service.

Or worse case scenario, cough up for a brand new controller and go on with your life :p

DarKWateR

Expert Member
That's not normal at all! In terms of the analog stick, from a quick look at my supplier price list ... that's not on the list.

Find out if somebody has a cheap/broken controller available and then I can do a repair at a nominal fee for you by using the "loaned" analog stick.

Alternatively call MI Digital and deal with their sometimes non-existent customer service.

Or worse case scenario, cough up for a brand new controller and go on with your life :p

Hmmm...sucks...it's less than a month old :mad:

DarKWateR

Expert Member
You guys do know that these pointless comments ain't helping...the flame war is in the PS3/Xbox thread...jeez.

And P.S. Don't even let me start with the problems I had with Sony's PlayStation series.

Info Guy 101

You guys do know that these pointless comments ain't helping...the flame war is in the PS3/Xbox thread...jeez.

And P.S. Don't even let me start with the problems I had with Sony's PlayStation series.

Ok sorry just teasing abit just don't like seeing a gamer down trying to get your mind off it that's all :(

maestro_za

Expert Member
The dead zone is a "sticky beast".

It's pretty much a factory defect ... and if it's present in the controller it will manifest in certain games.

A soldering iron, roll of solder, precision screwdrivers and tech know-how might work but it's not a guarantee.

Last edited:

DarKWateR

Expert Member
The dead zone is a "sticky beast".

It's pretty much a factory defect ... and if it's present in the controller it will manifest in certain games.

A soldering iron, roll of solder precision screwdrivers and tech know-how might work but it's not a guarantee.

Wait wait wait....are you saying that the Xbox accessories don't carry any warranty? I refuse to work/fix something that's not even a month old. Most electronic devices have atleast 1 year replace/repair on them :mad:

maestro_za

Expert Member
Wait wait wait....are you saying that the Xbox accessories don't carry any warranty? I refuse to work/fix something that's not even a month old. Most electronic devices have atleast 1 year replace/repair on them :mad:

Hence the reason I mentioned the get on the phone to MI Digital.

There is no MS repair centre in South Africa ... they can only swap out for a new one. Just hope the new one doesn't have the same problem :D

DarKWateR

Expert Member
Hence the reason I mentioned the get on the phone to MI Digital.

There is no MS repair centre in South Africa ... they can only swap out for a new one. Just hope the new one doesn't have the same problem :D

Well I just emailed them...if not.... Well then it's Hello Peter vs CNA/MiDigital

maestro_za

Expert Member
Well I just emailed them...if not.... Well then it's Hello Peter vs CNA/MiDigital

LOL

It's the new policy, MI Digital "deals" (hit & miss) with the general public and not the retailers.

Toys R Us/Reggies and a few other shops don't stock Xbox 360 stuff anymore and this new status quo is suppose to be better.