Xbox Live Price increase

cavedog

Honorary Master
Had xbox live Gold on my xbox 360 which I don't use as much anymore but just got this email.....

Dear Cavedog ZA,

As a valued Xbox Live Gold member, we'd like to thank you for being part of the Gold community. We continually evaluate our offerings and are always working to provide a balance of service and value that meet the needs of our customers.

As such, the prices of your Xbox Live Gold subscription packages will be increasing. As of June 20, 2016 the price of your 1 month Xbox Live Gold subscription will increase from R 50,00 to R 159,00. If your subscription is currently set to auto-renew before June 20, 2016, you will be charged the current price at the time of your next scheduled auto-renewal. If your subscription is currently set to auto-renew after June 20, 2016, you will be charged the new price at the time of your next scheduled auto-renewal.

To ensure your renewal takes place without interruption, and you continue access to the most advanced multiplayer, up to 4 free games every month, and exclusive discounts of up to 50-75% off games, please confirm your account and payment information is up to date at https://billing.microsoft.com.

To change how you pay for Xbox Live Gold, check your renewal date or cancel your subscription please visit https://account.microsoft.com/services.

For more information please visit: http://support.xbox.com/billing/xbox-subscriptions/gold-subscription-changes-faq

Thank you for choosing Gold!

The Xbox Live Team

cavedog

Honorary Master
Just got the same e-mail.

A rather large increase imo.
Yeah if that is the increase on the monthly Gold price I wonder what the 12 month increase must be. Maybe close to 1k?

cavedog

Honorary Master
COnfirmation for someone.... WOW

As of June 20, 2016 the price of your 12 month Xbox Live Gold subscription will increase from R590,00 to R979,00.

lexor

Expert Member
Wonder if you can still buy a 12 month gold card for old price online ?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Wonder if you can still buy a 12 month gold card for old price online ?
Sure you would be able to as it's the price increase from microsoft direct when paying directly. Prepaid cards will be much cheaper now. Guess everyone will switch to that until that gets increased too...

Hogrod

Expert Member
Yes the US price but Xbox Live Gold ZA is R979 now from R590 :sick:
Yep i threw up when i read that email just now. WTF?
We get far far less in Xbox content on our consoles compared to the US or UK, missing demos, no movies, no music, and no Oneguide support on the Xboxone.

Xino_sam

Expert Member
Darn Xbox - my kids have Xbox 360, got then the monthly subscription in Dec '15, I do not think it is worth it any more, most of the free games are Xbox One, so I might just cancel.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Darn Xbox - my kids have Xbox 360, got then the monthly subscription in Dec '15, I do not think it is worth it any more, most of the free games are Xbox One, so I might just cancel.
There are 2 Xbox 360 games every month.

This has never changed.

"Most of the games are Xbox One" my ass.

Besides if you purchased all the XO games (I hope you did) when you finally get one you'll already have a huge list of games without spending any more money than the subscription.

Also buy annual, never monthly.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Yeah it's a pretty hectic jump, we don't get the same content. Half my games I can't even download.

=Scorp1on=

Anyone else having trouble purchasing an annual subscription? It is suspiciously throwing an error on check out.

I understand a price increase was inevitable with the poor rand performance, but more than tripling the price? That is extreme.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Anyone else having trouble purchasing an annual subscription? It is suspiciously throwing an error on check out.

I understand a price increase was inevitable with the poor rand performance, but more than tripling the price? That is extreme.
They increased the annual price by 75% the monthly price yeah is ridiculous.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Since the 12 month gold price will increase on June 20th, I'll be purchasing a 12 month subscription with my CC over 12 months.
I'll then be paying just under R60pm

cozinsky

Expert Member
I really don't see the value of Xbox One Gold. I cancelled mine a long time ago. I don't need the free games - I have enough proper games to play and I am not really into the online gaming scene.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
I really don't see the value of Xbox One Gold. I cancelled mine a long time ago. I don't need the free games - I have enough proper games to play and I am not really into the online gaming scene.
I'm sure you can understand why majority of us is able to see quite a lot of value in having the gold membership though?