Xbox One X

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I was lead to believe it's a $100's off worldwide going forward, but it seems you are quite right it's only a timed event alongside E3.

Either way, it's a bargain price.
Yep, I doubt they could afford to run this price permanently, it's almost certainly close to or below cost and only barely more expensive than the base console.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Yep, I doubt they could afford to run this price permanently, it's almost certainly close to or below cost and only barely more expensive than the base console.
Historically all consoles were sold at a loss below cost literally from day one of launch so that more units got out there and the real money came from the software.

Only in this generation did we see consoles make a minor profit and I bet these re-release version more so than any others.

So they could certainly go back to that model heading up to the end of the console's (sales) life and expecting an influx of software sales with all their studio acquisitions.

I suspect this will be the new base price by December.

Lupus

Honorary Master
R5999 is a good price, pretty sure it was launched at R6499 in SA and then it skyrockted it to R9k
Nvm it was R7499.

Last edited:

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
So I did end up getting one from Takealot, same special.

Going overseas next week and taking it as a gift for my brother and his 3 boys, they still rocking a PS2.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Poland, and it's a bit more expensive there actually. Plus the deal is only valid until the 17th I believe.

buffalobill

Incredible prices back up to R8999 today, but Loot and Takealot are still at R5999. I ordered one....

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The ones that owns a Xbox One X do you play on a 4K TV or what do you use?
I played on a 1080p TV at first where it still makes a massive difference as the input is 4K supersampled to 1080p so even then it's worth it.

So much so that when I upgraded to my OLED I was actually a bit disappointed as the resolution isn't really all that, the magic is in the HDR.

Lupus

Honorary Master
The price is nice now, but I've just bought a whole new pc and replaced my old One with an S my wife would kill me if I got an X.

buffalobill

Courtesy of insurance I've upgraded from a One S to One X. While I don't have 4K, the jump up to 1440p on my 28" monitor is impressive. I am playing AC: Origins and on the merchant ships there's often a fat guy standing on the water's edge. Now you can see him taking a never-ending pee in the river and only stops if you walk into him.
Along with the micro penis, you might say the difference is piddling...