Xbox Series X / S

Thanks, I opened it up and cleaned the controller blocks. Will test tonight. I guess warranty is void, if there were any left.

If need be I will buy replacement parts as opeing it wasn't difficult at all, how is XMods.co.za, they legit?

I see it's only R55 for the controller thumb stick
They are legit. Bought a bunch of Nintendo Switch controller parts from them in the past.
Just check shipping costs though. I think they use Pudo
 
My series S controller has a a drift on the up down axis. Very annoying. I bought the Xbox last year November from Makro. Are there any warranty on these controllers and how long? And will it cover drifting? I am about to open the controller to see if I can clean it, maybe that will help.

Go to the Xbox website and enter the serial number, it will tell you if the controller is still under warranty.

It may also have an option to do a swap out for a fee.

 
Go to the Xbox website and enter the serial number, it will tell you if the controller is still under warranty.

It may also have an option to do a swap out for a fee.


Thanks, seems the Xbox I bought on black friday last year is now, less than a year later, out of warranty. Controller ended July.

MS BS warranty.JPG

MS BS controller.JPG
 
My Elite's LB broke out of warranty and they sent me a refurbished one for R1900, I did not have to send the old one to them.
 
Worth noting that Xbox Live Gold Memberships are being discontinued at retail in SA end of this month - https://www.egifts24.co.za/blog/4-xbox-live-gold-memberships-being-discontinued-on-31-october-2023

You'll still likely find the codes available from other markets, but they will become more scarce (and probably more expensive) as time passes, making the cheaper conversion more difficult.

In true drug dealer fashion, they hook you and make you comfortable with the arrangement so that it becomes an effort not to "use" it, then bam "Pay up, mother f..."

That said, when my 3 years expire (2026) I will probably downgrade to GamePass for Xbox Console as I still see it as value for money.

If they force a monthly-only option instead of 12 month discounted (eg PS Plus extra) I will find myself skipping months where I don't use it.
 
In true drug dealer fashion, they hook you and make you comfortable with the arrangement so that it becomes an effort not to "use" it, then bam "Pay up, mother f..."

That said, when my 3 years expire (2026) I will probably downgrade to GamePass for Xbox Console as I still see it as value for money.

If they force a monthly-only option instead of 12 month discounted (eg PS Plus extra) I will find myself skipping months where I don't use it.
Not to mention them removing the "family" pass which was great, R199 pm for 3 was far better then trying to each have their own
 
Honestly, at the rate I play Xbox and even MP, it's not really showing me much value, but I've still got until Feb, wife has till Jan and son around Feb
 
Honestly, at the rate I play Xbox and even MP, it's not really showing me much value, but I've still got until Feb, wife has till Jan and son around Feb

Do you have three Xboxes? Otherwise why the need for three subs?
 
In true drug dealer fashion, they hook you and make you comfortable with the arrangement so that it becomes an effort not to "use" it, then bam "Pay up, mother f..."

That said, when my 3 years expire (2026) I will probably downgrade to GamePass for Xbox Console as I still see it as value for money.

If they force a monthly-only option instead of 12 month discounted (eg PS Plus extra) I will find myself skipping months where I don't use it.
But then you lose EA Play by not going ultimate. R150 pm is still cheap enough for me. I pay more for Netflix which I use less...
 
So as long as I have codes I can still convert? My 3 years ends in December next year so hoping I can redeem the codes then and convert another 3?
 
But then you lose EA Play by not going ultimate. R150 pm is still cheap enough for me. I pay more for Netflix which I use less...

True but nothing would stop me from subbing to EA Play for a month or 2 when they have something worth playing, The same goes for Ubisoft....

Currently have PS+ Extra, Gamepass Ultimate & Nintendo Online (All paid up for the next 3 years)
After that, I will re-evaluate and see what's worth keeping.
 
So as long as I have codes I can still convert? My 3 years ends in December next year so hoping I can redeem the codes then and convert another 3?
The way its going, by then they will probably have changed the conversion rate, and it will work out the same as a normal monthly subscription.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X