Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

PDF_27

Does the Mibox remote use the USB slot for a reciever or is it built in?

Speed_Demon

Has anyone bought this device from an international seller?

If so, did it require ICASA approval?

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
This is probably going to turn out to just be the ramblings of an internet stranger but there is a person on reddit that is very adamant that Nougat will be out by the end of May.

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Does the Plex app work on this box?
From what I've read it works but it's pretty meh, especially the audio side for example if you play a .mkv with AC3 audio it goes out of sync.

That being said if you use Plex for Kodi it works perfectly.

bratwurst

Expert Member
I left the bunny out, maybe you either get to choose the charger or the bunny.

Anyway my order is still processing even though I paid
I removed the bunny.

When did you order? I ordered last night. Made the payment and it went through. Then I wanted to print the order and it gave me a site error.

I am unable to login and I didn't receive an order confirmation email either :/

Sumen

Expert Member
I removed the bunny.

When did you order? I ordered last night. Made the payment and it went through. Then I wanted to print the order and it gave me a site error.

I ordered yesterday as well but at 14:30.

I managed printer/save the confirmation but also never recieved an email as yet.

Sumen

Expert Member
I removed the bunny.

I logged in now and it says the order is completed, don't know what that means.

ngwe23

Executive Member
From what I've read it works but it's pretty meh, especially the audio side for example if you play a .mkv with AC3 audio it goes out of sync.

That being said if you use Plex for Kodi it works perfectly.
Hmm you lost me here. How does that work?

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Hmm you lost me here. How does that work?
Plex basically refuses to fix the Plex app for the Mi box because they say there is something wrong with the box not the app, yet if you play the same file in Kodi it works with no issues what so ever.

So what you do is you install Kodi and then you install the official Plex for Kodi add-on that way you get to use the Kodi media player with your Plex server, in the add-on settings you can also set it to auto start when you open Kodi so you're not adding extra steps or making it cumbersome and it still looks really nice too, you're not sacrificing anything:

image-block-kodi-5-1600x1050.jpg

Last edited:

ngwe23

Executive Member
Plex basically refuses to fix the Plex app for the Mi box because they say there is something wrong with the box not the app, yet if you play the same file in Kodi it works with no issues what so ever.

So what you do is you install Kodi and then you install the official Plex for Kodi add-on that way you get to use the Kodi media player with your Plex server, in the add-on settings you can also set it to auto start when you open Kodi so you're not adding extra steps or making it cumbersome and it still looks really nice too, you're not sacrificing anything:

View attachment 512627
Gotcha. This is very helpful. I am planning on moving to plex soon.

Deanoblado

Guys, i have the weirdest issue with mine, with every movie i watch 1h33 minutes in the movie just stutters. every damn movie at that exact same time. i watch from my hdd plugged in directly.

I need help fixing this, does anyone have any idea? I also have the odd audio drop out . everything connected to my avr using latest audio formats.