Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi Box S [Android TV OS]

Just realized I connected my TV Box to my TV with an old HDMI Version?? cable that is from I don't even know when.

Does anyone know what version the HDMI cable is that comes with the standard TV Box V2?

WHAT’S IN THE BOX:

Xiaomi TV Box S 2nd Gen x1
Bluetooth and IR Remote Control x1
Power Adapter x1
HDMI Cable x1
User Manual x1

Since the player has a HDMI 2.1 port I would imagine at least HDMI V 2.0 :unsure:

 
Just realized I connected my TV Box to my TV with an old HDMI Version?? cable that is from I don't even know when.

Does anyone know what version the HDMI cable is that comes with the standard TV Box V2?

WHAT’S IN THE BOX:

Xiaomi TV Box S 2nd Gen x1
Bluetooth and IR Remote Control x1
Power Adapter x1
HDMI Cable x1
User Manual x1

Since the player has a HDMI 2.1 port I would imagine at least HDMI V 2.0 :unsure:


Normally the cable that comes with it, are decent enough.
 
Storage yes but ram is a bummer and no Nvidia RTX AI upscaling. This better cost the same price as the older one at launch here.
Why RAM? Google TV only needs that much to run, for once Apple is the one putting more RAM in then needed :-)
 
Well I also did not know why you need so much storage. Then my kids started downloading games on the Apple tv. The Apple tv is actually a great little gaming console, especially during load shedding as it draws less than 5w.

Also Apple tv has the most amazing screensavers that is almost 1gb each.

Curious about this. What controller can you use with the box? Can you use any bluetooth controller or are their any limitations?
 
Curious about this. What controller can you use with the box? Can you use any bluetooth controller or are their any limitations?
Probably any one. Have used PS4 controllers and also kid used a generic xbox controller, 8Bitdo or something like that. Both worked perfectly.
 
Just realized I connected my TV Box to my TV with an old HDMI Version?? cable that is from I don't even know when.

Does anyone know what version the HDMI cable is that comes with the standard TV Box V2?

WHAT’S IN THE BOX:

Xiaomi TV Box S 2nd Gen x1
Bluetooth and IR Remote Control x1
Power Adapter x1
HDMI Cable x1
User Manual x1

Since the player has a HDMI 2.1 port I would imagine at least HDMI V 2.0 :unsure:

What device are you watching on? Most people will be fine with 2.0 cable

Screenshot_4.jpg
 
Its a streaming box, with Wi-Fi connectivity. Its not designed to be a local media streamer. If you want that then, buy a shield. Yes it can act as one but there will be limitations. the new one will hopefully be priced right.

I recently connected my og mibox again for the dstv streaming app, I switched many years to the nvidia shield for above reasons. The mibox is great but i can see its limitations already.

I noticed that is still running on Android 9, is this correct?
 
Its a streaming box, with Wi-Fi connectivity. Its not designed to be a local media streamer. If you want that then, buy a shield. Yes it can act as one but there will be limitations. the new one will hopefully be priced right.

I recently connected my og mibox again for the dstv streaming app, I switched many years to the nvidia shield for above reasons. The mibox is great but i can see its limitations already.

I noticed that is still running on Android 9, is this correct?
Yes only the Mi Box S got Android TV 12 update.
 
Its a streaming box, with Wi-Fi connectivity. Its not designed to be a local media streamer. If you want that then, buy a shield. Yes it can act as one but there will be limitations. the new one will hopefully be priced right.

I recently connected my og mibox again for the dstv streaming app, I switched many years to the nvidia shield for above reasons. The mibox is great but i can see its limitations already.

I noticed that is still running on Android 9, is this correct?
Mine handles local streaming pretty fine Thank you
 
I just checked and mine is on Android 12 is that not good?
There were many complaints back when the update came out ... slow menu & audio issues etc ... you'll have to check back in the thread and internet to find them all ... but yea, the update was pulled, and those that updated couldn't go back.

 
Last edited:
There were many complaints back when the update came out ... slow menu & audio issues etc ... you'll have to check back in the thread and internet to find them all ... but yea, the update was pulled, and those that updated couldn't go back.

I watched the vid and all the probs he mentioned haven't been a problem for me
 
My S is still on version 9. always says its up to date. Whats the official current version if 12 was pulled?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X