YouTube launches redesigned desktop website

Qrox

Expert Member
So rare for me to go on the desktop site these days. Usually go in through my smart tv, phone or tablet.
If it wasn't mentioned here, I probably wouldn't have known about the change for a couple of months.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
i just use my phone for youtube. In fact, i have no idea why i still have a laptop lol :D

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
is it me, or is there no way to comment on this new youtube? unless i am missing something?

saor

Honorary Master
Why must desktop sites look like phone apps?
A universal look & feel regardless of interface - helps to seamlessly move between them?

The thing that bugs me is when they put too much padding between content - I prefer it tightly packed. Luckily gmail offers an option to reduce spacing.

FaSMaN

Expert Member
The company has applied Material Design to its website, adding more white space and a pinned search bar at the top of the screen.

Eaww!!

This design fad needs to stop, I paid for every inch of my screen and I want to see it used well...
So much wasted space , especially if your using a big 26-32" screen you get text as thick as your arm.

Atleast they finally have a dark theme, if only more websites can catch on, I am looking at you Facebook and mybroadband >.> , IT Professionals want dark sites, because staring at bright white sites all day strains your eyes.

ponder

Honorary Master
is it me, or is there no way to comment on this new youtube? unless i am missing something?

Still works just the same, only reason I can think of for not being able to post comments is if the uploader decided to disable comments.

ponder

Honorary Master
Eaww!!

This design fad needs to stop, I paid for every inch of my screen and I want to see it used well...
So much wasted space , especially if your using a big 26-32" screen you get text as thick as your arm.

Atleast they finally have a dark theme, if only more websites can catch on, I am looking at you Facebook and mybroadband >.> , IT Professionals want dark sites, because staring at bright white sites all day strains your eyes.

Just switch back to the 'classic' view.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Still works just the same, only reason I can think of for not being able to post comments is if the uploader decided to disable comments.
Nah, I can't comment on my own videos as well lol not sure what I did.

Impulse_One

Be advised: Youtube Ratings Preview extension is not working on the new YouTube.

Now it looks like a typical pr0n website. :whistling:

Last edited: