Zimbabwe votes in first post Mugabe election

thechamp

Honorary Master
It's the hardest form of labour I can think of currently. And for so little pay...
Before the influx of Zimbabweans those trenches were dug by people like me, South Africans, no reason why we have to second guess ourselves now because Zimbabweans are in town.

Before the influx of Zimbabweans those trenches were dug by people like me, South Africans, no reason why we have to second guess ourselves now because Zimbabweans are in town.
I never claimed otherwise...

You however did not. Again, you need to start realize your life is about you, not your people :crylaugh:

I know people who dig pit latrine holes for R100. And no, they aren't Zims
Never claimed locals don't do it :confused:

thechamp made a claim that he works harder than Zimbabweans. I don't I have never in my life had to dig a trench for a full day, and certainly not for a living...

thechamp

Honorary Master
Okay enough about Zimbabweans digging trenches for R150, back on topic about Zimbabweans voting.

surface

Executive Member
But when I tell you something you must believe me, why do I get a feeling that I am being discriminated upon here? I've seen lot of claims here, none has ever been questioned the way mine is being questioned now.
haha. I only got you now. You should have said. "We worked hard you know. We walked in knee high snow to just to get to work and it was shoulder high snow when we returned back. It was not like trenches (replacing land) were handed over to us. Government was discriminating against us back then also and Govamint is discriminating now also" You have to throw in Government couple of times, Govamint makes it even delicious.

thechamp

Honorary Master
haha. I only got you now. You should have said. "We worked hard you know. We walked in knee high snow to just to get to work and it was shoulder high snow when we returned back. It was not like trenches (replacing land) were handed over to us. Government was discriminating against us back then also and Govamint is discriminating now also" You have to throw in Government couple of times, Govamint makes it even delicious.
:D

R13...

Honorary Master
Never claimed locals don't do it :confused:

thechamp made a claim that he works harder than Zimbabweans. I don't I have never in my life had to dig a trench for a full day, and certainly not for a living...
Your response to him could have been construed to mean, he doesn't work as hard as Zims, who you imply are willing to dig trenches for R150. So, in response I point out that locals do the same type of exploitative work for less.

Asked Zim people I know yesterday & today about their take. 2 academics, 1 lawyer, 2 gardeners, 1 security guard and 1 nanny. They all think Opposition is going to win. I am not sure if it is just their wishful thinking.
You sure know a lot of Zimbabweans. Are you in touch with any Zim criminals by chance?

surface

Executive Member
You sure know a lot of Zimbabweans. Are you in touch with any Zim criminals by chance?

I wouldn't know really. I am old fashioned and find it impolite to ask persons I know about their criminal history, but maybe that is how things are done ?

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Okay enough about Zimbabweans digging trenches for R150, back on topic about Zimbabweans voting.
Some of the opposition say that they will be going to war if they lose this one, so will be digging trenches for free.

I figure, if you offer them R75 they will accept

Tander

Executive Member
It always starts out with MDC taking an early lead. Wait until the rural voters have been counted. Zanu-PF will take this with a landslide victory.

surface

Executive Member
It always starts out with MDC taking an early lead. Wait until the rural voters have been counted. Zanu-PF will take this with a landslide victory.
Even if what you say happens, entire process seems much better than earlier elections. President Mnangagwa has invited non-SADC observers also this time. SADC observers were a joke - they rubber stamped each and every election. Only Botswana or Nambia showed some courage if I remember.