Proteas' Tour of Sri Lanka 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyD

RIP
Joined
Oct 4, 2010
Messages
139,095
Reaction score
432
Location
Nelson Mandela Bay
July 2013
20 - ODI - R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo (11:00)
23 - ODI - R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo (11:00)
26 - ODI - Pallekele International Cricket Stadium (11:00)
28 - ODI - Pallekele International Cricket Stadium (11:00)
31 - ODI - R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo (11:00)

August 2013
2 - T20I - R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo (15:30)
4 - T20I - Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Hambantota (15:30)
6 - T20I - Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Hambantota (15:30)
 
ODI squad
AB de Villiers (capt), Hashim Amla, Farhaan Behardien, Quinton de Kock, Faf du Plessis, JP Duminy, Colin Ingram, Rory Kleinveldt, Ryan Mclaren, David Miller, Morne Morkel, Chris Morris, Alviro Petersen, Robin Peterson, Aaron Phangiso, Lonwabo Tsotsobe.

T20 Squad
Faf du Plessis (capt), Farhaan Behardien, Henry Davids, Quinton de Kock, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Imran Tahir, Rory Kleinveldt, Ryan Mclaren, David Miller, Morne Morkel, Chris Morris, Wayne Parnell, Aaron Phangiso, Lonwabo Tsotsobe, David Wiese.
 
Did I spot Imran Tahirs name in T20 squad? He can't bat, he can't field, he is a mediocre spinner...

And of course, no Vernon Philander because he is specialist Test bowler.

Tosser selectors.
 
Last edited:
I'm happy David Wiese is getting a look in. I love watching him when he is in big hitting form
 
Did I spot Imran Tahirs name in T20 squad? He can't bat, he can't field, he is a mediocre spinner...

And of course, no Vernon Philander because he is specialist Test bowler.

Tosser selectors.

I remember sometime ago they mentioned that they don't want to mess around with Vern's test lengths. :confused:

The way the ODI and T20 teams are playing, I would also rather not be involved in the negative energy.:twisted:
 
Did I spot Imran Tahirs name in T20 squad? He can't bat, he can't field, he is a mediocre spinner...

And of course, no Vernon Philander because he is specialist Test bowler.

Tosser selectors.

The eternal conundrum.

I remember sometime ago they mentioned that they don't want to mess around with Vern's test lengths. :confused:

The way the ODI and T20 teams are playing, I would also rather not be involved in the negative energy.:twisted:

Have to agree with you here :twisted: :D
 
South Africa: AB de Villiers (captain), Hashim Amla, Alviro Petersen, Farhaan Behardien, Quinton de Kock, JP Duminy, Faf du Plessis, Colin Ingram, Rory Kleinveldt, Ryan McLaren, David Miller, Morne Morkel, Chris Morris, Robin Peterson, Aaron Phangiso, Lonwabo Tsotsobe

Tsotsobe and Morkel in doubt, if they can not play my team will be:

Petersen
Amla
Ingram
AB
Duminey
Faf
McLaren
Kleinveldt
Robbies
Morris
Aaron

This leaves us with some good bowling options and McLaren / robbies /kleinveldt not being Chris Martins with the bat, I think we have enough batting to edge it. If Tsostobe / Morkel can play, Aaron will be my first choice to drop.

More than likely though the team will have one less "full time" bowler in and will include Miller at 6 or 7. They will then get the 5th bowler from Duminey/Alviro/Faf.
 
In the match ODI SA vs SL starting soon.
The pundits were all in agreement that it is an advantage to bat first in this 1st ODI SA vs SL ... so SA wins the toss and they choose to bowl first!
The pitch is likely to break-up later.
Does anyone in the SA team & management have a brain cell?
 
Anyone watching the game?

With Sanga and Jayawardene , there I think this might be a big score, especially the way they are going atm
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X