Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Helderkruin + Wilropark + Roodekrans FTTH via Vumatel

Grandmaster

Default Helderkruin + Wilropark + Roodekrans FTTH via Vumatel

I'm starting this thread in the hope to hear that there are other users in these areas who are interested in fibre. This area is comprised of mostly residential homes and we don't really seem to have an ideal central community platform where we could all petition together for something like this, so I'm hoping this can be a platform to voice our interest

Please sign the petition here: http://www.petitions24.com/roodepoort_ftth
    123Net make it easy to track our area interest too. Please sign up here separately: https://123net.co.za/en/front/areas/expansionplans - Less than 300 interested users needed for each area to make it viable. Wilro Park and Helderkruin are both already on the list, let's make this happen
    Last edited by fragtion; 07-09-2015 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fragtion View Post
    I'm starting this thread in the hope to hear that there are other users in these areas who are interested in fibre. This area is comprised of mostly residential homes and we don't really seem to have an ideal central community platform where we could all petition together for something like this, so I'm hoping this can be a platform to voice our interest

Please sign the petition here: http://www.petitions24.com/roodepoort_ftth
    123Net make it easy to track our area interest too. Please sign up here separately: https://123net.co.za/en/front/areas/expansionplans - Less than 300 interested users needed for each area to make it viable. Wilro Park and Helderkruin are both already on the list, let's make this happen
    Why not try one of the neighbourhood watch platforms? The Newsletter, watsapp groups etc. We have over a 1500 members from Wilropark, Roodekrans, Poortview, Amarosa, Breaunanda and Helderkruin view? Perhaps you can mail or contact the Ops room to get the contact details for the newsletter and add your petition link and details? However, I think advertising is only free for members... That is your ideal central community platform. :-)

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by LaPrinsipessa View Post
    Why not try one of the neighbourhood watch platforms? The Newsletter, watsapp groups etc. We have over a 1500 members from Wilropark, Roodekrans, Poortview, Amarosa, Breaunanda and Helderkruin view? Perhaps you can mail or contact the Ops room to get the contact details for the newsletter and add your petition link and details? However, I think advertising is only free for members... That is your ideal central community platform. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swa View Post
    You have to get flyers and find a way to distribute them.
    Sounds like a great idea. I'm not very involved tho so I dunno where to start lol. Not on that particular list (I think my dad is though so I can ask him). How do I join / contact the Ops room? XD

Cause yeah I think if we could get some numbers together we could put together quite a compelling proposal... If Telkom doesn't respond I'm sure one of the other vendors will... but I think the reason they've ignored us so far is because it's been difficult to get a good guage of the interest levels. Needs to be a team/combined effort though, not sure if one person doing flyers will be quite enough
    Last edited by fragtion; 08-10-2015 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fragtion View Post
    Sounds like a great idea. I'm not very involved tho so I dunno where to start lol. Not on that particular list (I think my dad is though so I can ask him). How do I join / contact the Ops room? XD

Cause yeah I think if we could get some numbers together we could put together quite a compelling proposal... If Telkom doesn't respond I'm sure one of the other vendors will... but I think the reason they've ignored us so far is because it's been difficult to get a good guage of the interest levels. Needs to be a team/combined effort though, not sure if one person doing flyers will be quite enough
    Hi all,

Has there been much response to this thread? I'm curious, as I am definitely interested in getting FTTH in Wilropark as well. I know that with the other providers (Vumatel etc.) they have a "minimum viable" uptake. If you think relatively to the area, there are many businesses dotted along Ontdekkers road, as well as two fairly large shopping centers, Westgate and Horizon. One would have to really canvas these businesses and the other residents though to get enough momentum for fiber.

The idea of also perhaps involving the community watch is not a bad one. I know that they have been mulling over the idea of putting up cameras in various locations, and perhaps having proper access to fiber may help with that initiative as well.

I have just signed up, we are now a whole 10... not much hope.

On DFA website I see the fibre goes down Wilgerood and CR Swart, not too far from Indigo...
    Last edited by Orbiter; 10-10-2015 at 10:48 PM. Reason: got my street names mixed up

Quote Originally Posted by Orbiter View Post
    On DFA website I see the fibre goes down Wilgerood and CR Swart, not too far from Indigo...
    Yes and it also costs around R6k a month to get access to it :/

Quote Originally Posted by mugikhan View Post
    Yes and it also costs around R6k a month to get access to it :/
    I did not know you can access it directly via DFA. Damn, that fibre is so close.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbiter View Post
    I did not know you can access it directly via DFA. Damn, that fibre is so close.
    They DO have connections for businesses. Not the standard home stuff however.

Hi guys

I see the petition is up to 40+ signatures does anyone know if any fiber companies have seen it .as I'm sure thats more than enough for them to get some sort of plan to lay some fiber

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron08833 View Post
    Hi guys

I see the petition is up to 40+ signatures does anyone know if any fiber companies have seen it .as I'm sure thats more than enough for them to get some sort of plan to lay some fiber

Thanks
    I think it must be in the hundreds before they take notice?
    Vumatel Aerial 100/100 using Rocketnet

I received a notice that there will be a public meeting on a Vumatel fibre rollout project at Laerskool Helderkruin, Wednesday evening 14 June 2017 at 18:30.

Suburbs named are Horizon exts, Kloofendal, Carenvale, Helderkruin, Horizon Park, Honeyhills, Roodekrans and Wilropark.

I see Vumatel has updated their coverage map and we are now able to show our interest: https://vumatel.co.za/coverage

The notice photo:
    Name:  vumameeting.jpg
Views: 1099
Size:  44.3 KB

Wow, am I dreaming 😆
    Vumatel Aerial 100/100 using Rocketnet

Registered again:

"Your suburb still requires 866 sign-ups to qualify.
    Encourage your neighbours to show their interest in bringing VUMA to your suburb."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast