MTN receives no international SMS?

January 2022, and still the same problem with MTN. I'm seriously considering switching to Vodacom just because of this.

I'm not receiving SMSes from my bank, Natwest, in the UK. I have just confirmed with them, telephonically, that they do have my correct cell number on the system. I'm not receiving the online banking One Time Pins, so I cannot log in. I urgently need to make payments

OTP's are risky as they are subject to interception. Ask your bank to issue you with a secure Authenticator, like an Ironkey or combined with a fingerprint scanner and such.

I use the banks authenticator device and a voice sample to make international payments over USD 1M.
 
Anyone else still having this issue - I recently stopped receiving SMS messages from international numbers on my MTN number which I have had for over a decade.

This also means that I am locked out of a number of online services offered by companies outside the country
 
Adding to this - turns out my number was being blocked by DNC lists that I had registered with years ago to alleviant SMS spam , I removed myself from them and the SMS from my Australian banks started to come through.
So it might not be MTN but something inbetween with the best of intentions.
 
Adding to this - turns out my number was being blocked by DNC lists that I had registered with years ago to alleviant SMS spam , I removed myself from them and the SMS from my Australian banks started to come through.
So it might not be MTN but something inbetween with the best of intentions.
Can you provide details website to alleviate this since on my MTN sim it's the same issue
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X