10 smartphone apps you should have

Does it allow you to Drag and Drop by using your phone to connect to the PC? Or only allow you to work from within the desktop's browser environment?

I must admit, I haven't tried that, so not sure. I usually go into the relevant folder (Pictures/Music etc.), and upload/download that way.

B
 
A very good list, although I prefer Zite to Flipboard or Pulse. Surprised no social media mentioned (Facebook,Twitter, Instagram) or photography apps. I use Camera+ all the time.
 
Stuff not mentioned.. (multi-platform solutions)

1. Awareness!
Got this for free when it came out, basically lets you listen to music until someone speaks(or any noise.. you set what kind of noise or level) then cuts it so you can hear them :D

2. Astrid
Sync multi lists across devices, shared with others too

3. Waze
And get caught out by traffic, cops etc less often :D It's how I learn new short cuts in jhb albeit i'm cape townian.. crappy at night when the roads are closed off/impromptu gated communities.

4. remoteMouse
For quick control of pc/notebook etc via wifi/bluetooth. this is an awesome free solution for presentations instead of buying those presenter stuff. buy a cheap laser pointer and you have all you need. ps. who don't cell makers add a laser on phone? can double up as an alert light with lower power setting? would have thought BB would do that btw

5. SoundHound / Shazaam
Can't remember if it was mentioned but this is awesome to quickly do a lookup of what you listening to.. i do it in stores sometimes.

6. Fitocracy
Still looking for best gym tracking app.. this one works well after putting in the effort to set up your routines. thing i like about it is the integration with social networks.

7. Snapspeed
Alternative to instagram.. more filters, more manual but more control over distribution(you can still share with social networks) and image ownership?

8. Onavo (Extend & Count)
You know BIS compression.. this does it for you iPhone & Android based phones too. Crappy thing is uploading photos on the go.. but then i do this from wifi at home usually.
 
Stuff not mentioned.. (multi-platform solutions)
3. Waze
And get caught out by traffic, cops etc less often :D It's how I learn new short cuts in jhb albeit i'm cape townian.. crappy at night when the roads are closed off/impromptu gated communities.

The most used app on my SII. It has saved me from numerous traffic jams.
 
I'm using the following apps mostly:

BiteSMS
Reeder
VLC Remote
Dropbox
Wunderlist
Evernote
Whatsapp
 
The most used app on my SII. It has saved me from numerous traffic jams.

The funny thing is that Google maps have the same functionality re traffic, just that most people use Waze so you get better results from Waze. If only they had some sort of data share, also TomTom and Garmin, then we would not get anymore surprises.
 
Dropbox is killer...especially now that they gave me 50GB freeee!!! when i upgraded my note to 4.1.2.

awesomeness!!
 
A very good list, although I prefer Zite to Flipboard or Pulse. Surprised no social media mentioned (Facebook,Twitter, Instagram) or photography apps. I use Camera+ all the time.

Those three should even come pre-installed. LOL
 
For the Super 15 (or any rugby tournament and team), you need to get Ultimate Rugby. Its free with no ads.
 
Waze and Viber are my two most recent must-have apps. Love the fact that I can actually go and edit the Waze maps to fix mistakes and Viber beats Skype due to the fact that it integrates with your contacts in a manner similar to Whatsapp.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X