2007/2008 WI tour to SA thread

we should declare now and finish it in 2 days :)

talkin about that, i wonder what the record for the fastest test match is
 
Well two names. Pollock Smith the two most hated and contentious players by you know who. They just proved them all a dummy. Pollock should never be left out the team! And leave Smith Alone. The same goes for Gibs but well .....he better perform.... What can we say!
 
Well two names. Pollock Smith the two most hated and contentious players by you know who. They just proved them all a dummy. Pollock should never be left out the team! And leave Smith Alone. The same goes for Gibs but well .....he better perform.... What can we say!

Well both Smith and Gibbs performed today, Smith with the bat and Gibbs in the field (made a decent start as well batting). I still can't get over Gibbs' catch. :D
 
Well both Smith and Gibbs performed today, Smith with the bat and Gibbs in the field (made a decent start as well batting). I still can't get over Gibbs' catch. :D
Yeah he saw off the new ball and played some audacious shots before playing onto his stumps. That 1st catch was out of this world...

Play finished early due to bad light, once again we have the infrastructure and technology, why not put the lights on?!! I'm not sure what the issue with lights are, they get switched on but only like 30% capacity. why?
 
Yeah he saw off the new ball and played some audacious shots before playing onto his stumps. That 1st catch was out of this world...

Play finished early due to bad light, once again we have the infrastructure and technology, why not put the lights on?!! I'm not sure what the issue with lights are, they get switched on but only like 30% capacity. why?
One word: Eskom.
 
They cost something R10 000+ to run, I think I heard Trevor Quirk say that once - may be very wrong there.
I wouldn't trust anything that nutjob says! :p

But back to the match, awesome batting by Biff. I don't see why we usually have to limit our scoring rate just because it's a test match. If they just play their natural games (ala ODI mode), we can dominate as we did today.
 
They cost something R10 000+ to run, I think I heard Trevor Quirk say that once - may be very wrong there.
Costs more to switch them on than to keep them on.

Yeah that could be right but imagine how many more people might pay to watch the cricket if they were guaranteed (barring rain of course) a full 90 over day?

Speaking of which the crowd today was pitifully small, I wonder how come?

They missed an amazing days cricket that's for sure. I really thought 160-190 would be par on this pitch watching the Windies drop but we could make 350 plus. Hope the weather doesn't disappoint...

What's the weather in Durban like tonight? Anyone know?
 
Weather looking good for the next three days.

Forecast: Friday, 11 January 2008
Min: 21°C Max: 31°C
Weather: Fine to partly cloudy.

Forecast: Saturday, 12 January 2008
Min: 22°C Max: 30°C
Weather: Fine.

Forecast: Sunday, 13 January 2008
Min: 22°C Max: 25°C
Weather: Partly cloudy becoming cloudy. p.m. and evening showers and storms (60%)
 
Playing under lights requires a white ball and such an exchange (red to white) cannot happen at any time during the game.
 
Last edited:
i wonder what the record for the fastest test match is

The shortest test in which there was a result lasted 109 overs in 1932 (Oz vs SA) and they beat us by an innings and 71 runs. We scored 36 and 45 and in their only innings they scored 153. The game was over on the first day because when u look at the scorecard, it shows Day 2 - no play.

The shortest test with no result was in '98 when the game between WI and Eng was called off after only 10 overs due to a sub standard pitch. The english players were hit 7 times during that time.... what's wrong with that :rolleyes:
 
legitimate or not. accepting the threats has weakened the ICC's position especially when requests through proper channels were rejected.

Reading through that article the comman link seems to be Australia - they put the umpires under pressure with their extremely confident appealing even when they know that the batsman is not out.
 
On the issue regarding using the lights in Tests. Does not really work, actually makes it more difficult to see the red ball, the lights reflects of the ball.

The end of play is scheduled for 17:00, they start 30 minutes earlier in Durban, due to the light fading earlier, with Durban being more east and all that...
 
Yeah that could be right but imagine how many more people might pay to watch the cricket if they were guaranteed (barring rain of course) a full 90 over day?

Speaking of which the crowd today was pitifully small, I wonder how come?

They missed an amazing days cricket that's for sure. I really thought 160-190 would be par on this pitch watching the Windies drop but we could make 350 plus. Hope the weather doesn't disappoint...

What's the weather in Durban like tonight? Anyone know?

Ummmm..... WORK!!! They took the boxing day test match away from us (Durban) and quoted small crowds as the reason. The illogical morons who run sport in this country then expect bigger crowds at the same venue after the holidays when all the holiday makers have gone home and the locals are all back at work! Not sure I understand the logic....

On that note the whole argument about crowds did not really work out. The crowds in PE were dismal....
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X