2007/2008 WI tour to SA thread

jk dude there is one minor error in judgement and then there is a whole innings of error man
with that catch that aussie oke claimed to have caught, its quite simple send it up stairs thats what the 3rd ump is there to do

hopefully this will show all the umpires that the aussies will cheat and lie to win matches and that everything should be reffered
 
jk dude there is one minor error in judgement and then there is a whole innings of error man
with that catch that aussie oke claimed to have caught, its quite simple send it up stairs thats what the 3rd ump is there to do

hopefully this will show all the umpires that the aussies will cheat and lie to win matches and that everything should be reffered

Its the luck of the draw I guess. As a player its always good to blame someone!:p
 
50/0

Thats the first 50 run 1st wicket partnership for a long time.

Go Gibbs :D
 
It goes towards fairness, I feel. If bad decisions affected everyone equally then it wouldn't matter. But there are some decisions that influence the game more than others. A machine would at least be consistent.

There are also ways to make sure it doesn't slow down the game. I'm thinking something like an automatic system that will flash a green or red light every ball that is bowled, as soon as it is delivered. It really won't be that difficult to do.
 
50/0

Thats the first 50 run 1st wicket partnership for a long time.

Go Gibbs :D

Smith and AB had a 56 partnership in the 2nd test 2nd innings.

But is the 1st 50 partnership between Gibbs and Smith for a long time.

Funny to think that they still top a lot of the records regarding opening partnerships. Wish they can get back to the form they had a couple of years ago.
 
It goes towards fairness, I feel. If bad decisions affected everyone equally then it wouldn't matter. But there are some decisions that influence the game more than others. A machine would at least be consistent.

There are also ways to make sure it doesn't slow down the game. I'm thinking something like an automatic system that will flash a green or red light every ball that is bowled, as soon as it is delivered. It really won't be that difficult to do.

I understand that umpires are human, and expect them to make mistakes from time to time. That's part of the game. But it is the number of serious errors in that test that are a concern.

Having said that, I like the idea about the lights after each ball. :)
 
I understand that umpires are human, and expect them to make mistakes from time to time. That's part of the game. But it is the number of serious errors in that test that are a concern.
Agree 100%. Consistency is the keyword here.

Having said that, I like the idea about the lights after each ball. :)
I've been thinking about ways to do this for years now. The technology does exist and it wouldn't slow the game down at all.
 
i guess that's why gibbs can't afford to be shabby on the field. he has to make up for the runs he is not scoring.
 
Well isn't this nice, I rush home to watch the last session of play, and there is no power.:rolleyes:

Cricinfo will have to do for now, until my laptop battery goes flat.
 
Well isn't this nice, I rush home to watch the last session of play, and there is no power.:rolleyes:

Cricinfo will have to do for now, until my laptop battery goes flat.
yeah apparently nationwide load shedding today. hope Sahara park has power till the close of play!!!:(
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X