2017/18 Transfers and Rumours

bra, you're starting to sound like some liverpool fans ..

Why..did I get excited about buying another Soton player?
Did I talk about the past?
Did I say its our year?
Did I say we won the CL after beating BM?

:D
 
lol whats the point of the buy out clause if you not gonna be allowed to accept it??

what....did they think that no one would ever come with that ridiculous sum of money?

I think thats exactly it..a scare clause
 
Why..did I get excited about buying another Soton player?
Did I talk about the past?
Did I say its our year?
Did I say we won the CL after beating BM?

:D

Lol... you're right... there are other criteria ...other than saying people are spending so much and breaking the transfer market ...

like Blaming the wind....
 
lol whats the point of the buy out clause if you not gonna be allowed to accept it??

what....did they think that no one would ever come with that ridiculous sum of money?

yes, that is stupid. Its not even like they were seen carrying 8 large bags ..
if they have doubts, still take the money .. and let fifa investigate ... although i thought that in Spain the player needs to buy out his contract, so there are no FFP concerns?
 
Spanish tax authorities must be licking their lips :D

capital gains tax to be paid by Barca:D:D:D
 
Lol... you're right... there are other criteria ...other than saying people are spending so much and breaking the transfer market ...

like Blaming the wind....


Hehe..I should of just told Voice to **** off after his dig at Pogba..but I feel sorry for the Aresnal fans. They may never recover from this - they may go into the depths of Pool
 
apparently uefa said la liga cant block the transfer as its between the clubs

La Liga pride themselves on Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar..without them, who is going to watch La Liga

And if its ok to leave Barca and RM and layers move to Eng and France, the La Liga is ****ed! Coz they always had it the other way around where they "could" pull any player they want and keep them
 
La Liga pride themselves on Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar..without them, who is going to watch La Liga

And if its ok to leave Barca and RM and layers move to Eng and France, the La Liga is ****ed! Coz they always had it the other way around where they "could" pull any player they want and keep them

yeah true as part of image rights and viewership they kinda furked

but barca and madrid can still attract the greats

who even watches the french league
 
Hehe..I should of just told Voice to **** off after his dig at Pogba..but I feel sorry for the Aresnal fans. They may never recover from this - they may go into the depths of Pool

you take that back sir! :sick:
 
Hehe..I should of just told Voice to **** off after his dig at Pogba..but I feel sorry for the Aresnal fans. They may never recover from this - they may go into the depths of Pool
It wasn't meant as a dig - that's what the bants thread is for ;)

It was just pointing out that the fee didn't reflect the quality of the player that you bought. And I think that's a problem in this "new" market where someone like Stones gets signed for £50mil. The fact that £120mil+ is the figure being thrown around for a 19-year old who only had one good season so far in, well, L1 is further proof that it's totally out of control. Giroud, as an example, was top scorer in L1 when we signed him, but at least had a few years of 1st team football behind him.

As for MSN and the crowd draw, I think they'd find it hard to replace Neymar with someone like Coutihno (papers here are backing him to move now) or Hazard.
 
It wasn't meant as a dig - that's what the bants thread is for ;)

It was just pointing out that the fee didn't reflect the quality of the player that you bought. And I think that's a problem in this "new" market where someone like Stones gets signed for £50mil. The fact that £120mil+ is the figure being thrown around for a 19-year old who only had one good season so far in, well, L1 is further proof that it's totally out of control. Giroud, as an example, was top scorer in L1 when we signed him, but at least had a few years of 1st team football behind him.

As for MSN and the crowd draw, I think they'd find it hard to replace Neymar with someone like Coutihno (papers here are backing him to move now) or Hazard.
I think marketability plays a major factor in transfer fees these days. Neymar is up there with Ronaldo. I'm sure you will see Biebs wearing his buds PSG shirt very soon. As close as Messi and Ronaldo are on the field Ronaldo and Neymar are way way more marketable. Those Messi Lays adverts are dreadful especially with the dubbing that makes him sound a little "slow"

That was part of the Pogba fee, he has huge marketability. Perfect example is with you guys Sanchez or Ozil don't have that "it" that Hendry had.
 
So the Spanish FA who are being investigated for corruption are blocking the legal sale of a player on behalf of a team that were banned from the transfer market for illegal activity when buying said player.
 
It wasn't meant as a dig - that's what the bants thread is for ;)

It was just pointing out that the fee didn't reflect the quality of the player that you bought. And I think that's a problem in this "new" market where someone like Stones gets signed for £50mil. The fact that £120mil+ is the figure being thrown around for a 19-year old who only had one good season so far in, well, L1 is further proof that it's totally out of control. Giroud, as an example, was top scorer in L1 when we signed him, but at least had a few years of 1st team football behind him.

As for MSN and the crowd draw, I think they'd find it hard to replace Neymar with someone like Coutihno (papers here are backing him to move now) or Hazard.

I hear ya and I'm a sensi when it comes to these things..hehe. But I like bantering with you, you got a good spirit

Anyway, you right, It wont have the same pull

Also this whole transfer fee things is just gone out of the realm of logic for the fans. We dont know the financial stuff that goes into doing these things so we must just choon our clubs to spend whatever and get the best and then use the price tags and good banter material
 
yeah true as part of image rights and viewership they kinda furked

but barca and madrid can still attract the greats

who even watches the french league

You say that and yes they have history, but things can change and power can shift to some extent. I for one will be watching PSG. Supersport may even now buy some rights for the PSG games (if they dont show it already). I watch RM for Ronaldo and wont watch them otherwise. I watched Barca for Neymar and wont sit through a game now

Plus, if they win the CL - they will have more justification for their big spending and can attract even more players - not just for money, but for top honors

Take this thread for example..how has it picked up just because of this transfer
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X