2017 International Tests

Cray

Honorary Master
Can't remember the last time I saw the AB's butcher so many scoring opportunities though..

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Worst part being that he confirmed the penalty with the TMO and then reversed and made it a scrum. Ridiculous.
I thought I was the only one who heard that, but actually I thought I heard wrong when he confirmed penalty. Then when he said accidental offside, I was like how, when the player himself showed that not to be the case

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
I thought I was the only one who heard that, but actually I thought I heard wrong when he confirmed penalty. Then when he said accidental offside, I was like how, when the player himself showed that not to be the case
Yep, exactly. And even if it was accidental (which it wasn't), then advantage should have gone to the ABs and play continued, because Lienert-Brown had got the ball and was running again.

So wrong either way.

Sl8er

Executive Member
So glad Romain is consistent...ly bad.
Now the AB's have a little taste of what we had to endure with that imbecile.

Anyway, I'm glad it turned out the way it did.
I wanted the AB's to win, because "Southern Hemisphere" and all that.
BUT, I also wanted the BIL to win, to finally bring the AB's down a notch...just to remind them that they're not unbeatable.
(Anything to find a weak spot in their armor...place some doubt...mess with their heads...give us poor rugby-peasant-nations a chance to get under their skins! Anything to help us. :D :p )

SpiderMonkey

I agree with all the moaning and crying over the ref, how was his shocker in the beginning of the game that gave NZ thier first 3 points, even the NZ commentators said it was a pathetic call.
Actually NZ missed the kick.

What was worse about that final decision is that the NZ player had an open run to the line on advantage. While people haven't said anything it really makes me thing that there was money changing hands.

DanDango

Executive Member
French referee Romain Poite will officiate the Springboks' Rugby Championship opener against Argentina in Port Elizabeth on 19 August.

Poite was at the centre of controversy this past weekend when he awarded the All Blacks what looked likely to be a match-winning penalty during the latter stages of the decisive Test against the British & Irish Lions, only to change his mind.

The Frenchman also came under fire when he incorrectly sent Bok hooker Bismarck du Plessis to the sin bin when he misjudged what was a perfectly legal tackle on former All Blacks flyhalf Dan Carter in a massive 2013 Test. Du Plessis was later red-carded after receiving a second yellow.

Another French referee in Pascal Guazere will take charge of the Boks' second Rugby Championship Test against the Pumas in Salta, while countryman Jérôme Garcès will officiate the Springboks' match against the All Blacks at Newlands.

New Zealand's Glen Jackson and Ben O'Keeffe will referee the Boks' two Tests against Australia, while Nigel Owens will man the whistle when South Africa take on New Zealand in Albany.

http://www.sarugbymag.co.za/blog/details/poite-to-referee-next-bok-test

:sick:

Rabobi

Executive Member
Wait there is more good news!

Cape Town - Frenchman Jerome Garces will referee this year's Rugby Championship clash between the Springboks and the All Blacks at Newlands.

Remarkably, there are five matches that will be officiated by French referees while only one - the September clash between Argentina and New Zealand in Buenos Aires - will be refereed by a South African in Jaco Peyper.

The Boks will have another Frenchman, Romain Poite, in charge of their tournament opener against Argentina at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium in Port Elizabeth on August 19.

Poite, the controversial referee in charge of this past Saturday's 15-15 draw between the All Blacks and British and Irish Lions, has been given just the one Rugby Championship clash

DanDango

Executive Member
Jerome Garces can speak English, Romain Poite speaks gibberish. I'll take Garces as ref before Poite.

Rabobi

Executive Member
Jerome Garces can speak English, Romain Poite speaks gibberish. I'll take Garces as ref before Poite.
Thats like choosing between a pizza with dog poo on it, vs one with cat pee on the other

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Just better make sure we tackle okes around their boot laces. Anything higher and we'll be pinned for a high tackle.