Honorary Master
2021 Rolls-Royce Ghost Review // $400,000 Baby Phantom - Throttle House

FiestaST

Honorary Master
2021 Rolls Royce Ghost Extended | First Australian Drive | CarAdvice

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Rolls-Royce achieves global sales record for first quarter of 2021

In the brand’s 116-year history, Rolls-Royce confirms that it has set a new quarterly sales record as the first three months of 2021 comes to an end. This bests the record the British marque set in 2019 with it experiencing sales growth in all markets.

From the beginning of January to the end of March, Rolls-Royce delivered 1 380 cars to customers; a 62 per cent increase from the same period last year. Significant growth was seen in China, USA and Asia Pacific.

Rolls-Royce attributes this success to models such as the Ghost, which launched last year, and the Cullinan. The success of these two models is set to continue through the second half of 2021 based on its order books.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Rolls-Royce Ghost Launch Edition with carbon parts by Mansory revealed

It was only a matter of time until Mansory got its hands on the all-new Rolls-Royce Ghost. The silhouette of this project has been teased on the tuning firm’s site with a “coming soon” banner for quite a while. Now, we have our first look at what has been put together for the latest product from the British luxury brand.

Dubbed as the Launch Edition, the Rolls-Royce Ghost has been given a relatively modest makeover at the hands of Mansory. Unfortunately, not much information regarding the custom build has been divulged. What we know so far is that a set of 22-inch V6 design forged allow wheels has been placed on all four corners. This is complemented by a carbon fibre rear boot spoiler and bonnet bar.

RR 1.jpg RR 2.jpg RR 3.jpg

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Used car buying guide: Rolls-Royce Ghost

A Rolls-Royce should never be bought on a whim, but if you can afford the upkeep, a previously owned Ghost makes for a fine way to travel

Reader warning: this is not your ‘Rolls for the price of a Ford Focus’ story. The cheapest Ghost we found was a 2010/59-reg with 118,000 miles for £63,000 – around the price of a new, premium EV.

This kind of money doesn’t even buy you best in class, since it was finished in wedding white and had endured five previous keepers. True, the service history was described as ‘full’, but there was no word of it being by Rolls-Royce. Being registered in 2010, the car was what we’ll call, for the purposes of this guide, a Series I Ghost.

The model was launched in 2009, when it was described as the ‘baby Rolls’, since it sat beneath the Phantom in the manufacturer’s line-up. An extended-wheelbase version came along in 2011. The following year, the options list expanded to include more bespoke items, including wood veneers and natural grain leather trim. Two years later, in 2014, the Series II Ghost, a facelifted version arrived, with a more imposing grille, restyled headlights and more supportive seats but the same twin-turbo, 563bhp 6.3-litre V12 driving the rear wheels through an eight-speed automatic gearbox.

RR 1.jpg RR 2.jpg RR 3.jpg RR 4.jpg

FiestaST

Honorary Master
A Mere Mortal's Guide To The 2021 Rolls-Royce Ghost

How Does It Drive?

I’m going to be honest: the Ghost was not a particularly enjoyable drive. I’ve looked at other reviews that praise its fabulous handing and the high levels of power on tap. I won’t say I necessarily disagree, but I want to counter it by saying that there are a lot of other things that make the drive of the Ghost a fairly mediocre experience, starting with its size.

The Ghost is long, wide, and heavy. It’s a limo without actually being a limo. It has massive blind spots and a mile-long hood that you need a telescope to peer over. Sure, there’s power—but you have to stand on the throttle, pray for patience, and send out a cry for help to whatever gods will listen before you feel any movement. The engine is quiet and smooth, but that is in part because the braking is so soft that you can’t help but ease into every slowdown. The Ghost will handle sharp turns and bumpy roads thanks to its adaptive suspension, but it’s hard to get comfortable behind the wheel.

If I ever woke up one morning to find I was body-swapped with an orca, I imagine it would be very reminiscent of driving the Ghost: simultaneously deft and unwieldy, large enough that you have no idea what’s going on with your rear end but adept enough at its job that you’d probably mostly get used to it after a while.

Driving the Ghost was a strange experience because I didn’t hate it, but I also didn’t really like it. That said, I’m the kind of person who would not complain about going on a date to a “nice restaurant” that turns out to be an Olive Garden. I’m not the target audience, not even for an entry-level Rolls-Royce. This is a car for people who have a lot of money and want to flaunt it with a very opulent marque that immediately conveys an image of lavishness the moment you see it but who don’t necessarily care about the application of performance specs.

Which is fine. I just don’t think I’m rich enough to understand the appeal.

Ghost 1.JPG Ghost 2.JPG Ghost 3.JPG Ghost 4.JPG

Nithan15

Expert Member
Beautiful car
The Ghost is driver orientated while the Phantom is rear seat luxury orientation

But R12Mill the first owner is going to take a major hit in depreciation there.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Visit Rolls-Royce London, The Most Exclusive Car Dealership in the World - Shmee150

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Mansory will fit your new Rolls-Royce Ghost with much carbon fibre

Oh, and it’ll give you 710bhp and drop your 0-62mph time by four tenths of a second

A “complete vehicle conversion” – that’s how Mansory refers to its work on the new Rolls-Royce Ghost. We reckon you’ll have your own way of describing it.

As is the Mansory way, there’s plenty of carbon fibre stuck on to the exterior. Check out the rear end with its new diffuser, spoiler and roof spoiler. Not shy. And if that's not enough, have a look at the new full carbon fibre bonnet and the front lip spoiler.

Other external mods include massive 22-inch wheels, an orange pinstripe and orange lights in the grille.

Under that carbon bonnet, the Rolls’ 6.75-litre twin-turbo V12 has also been given the Mansory ‘treatment’. An ECU remap takes power from 563bhp and 627lb ft of torque to a full-fat 710bhp and 752lb ft of torque.

Mansory 1.jpg Mansory 2.jpg Mansory 3.jpg Mansory 4.jpg Mansory 5.jpg Mansory 6.jpg Mansory 7.jpg Mansory 8.jpg Mansory 9.jpg Mansory 10.jpg

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Mansory Rolls-Royce Ghost V12 gets visible carbon parts and 1 020 N.m!

The Mansory Rolls-Royce Ghost V12 has been unveiled with a number of conclusive aftermarket parts and a notable bump in power. This catalogue is intended for consumers that wish to enjoy the luxury of the brand with some added edge.

As seen on the launch edition that previewed this package, the Mansory Rolls-Royce Ghost V12 has been decked-out with a complete body conversion consisting of full carbon parts. This includes a new bonnet, integrated lip in the front with side flaps, side skirts, air outlets on the fenders and a boot and roof spoiler that is complemented by a rear diffuser.

Added ambiance is provided by a radiator grille can be illuminated discreetly but effectively in the respective colour of choice in perfect harmony with the colour concept of the respective conversion. The presence of the design is further enhanced by a set of 22-inch V.6 design alloy wheels finished in a glossy black cast.

For the sake of performance, the twin-turbocharged 6,75-litre that sits at the helm of the Mansory Rolls-Royce Ghost V12 has been modified with a custom ECU unit, new turbochargers and a sports exhaust with high-performance catalytic converters. This increases the standard power output of 420 kW and 820 N.m of torque to 530 kW and 1 020 N.m. This gives it an improved 0-100 km/h time of 4,4 seconds.

https://www.carmag.co.za/news/new-models/mansory-rolls-royce-ghost-v12/

FiestaST

Honorary Master
SPOFEC does its thing with the Rolls-Royce Ghost

“Take the best that exists, and make it better” was one of Sir Henry Royce’s famous quips, however I don’t think he ever expected to be outdone by a Bavarian company by the name of SPOFEC…

For its latest creation, SPOFEC – a Novitec group company – has taken the second-generation Ghost and added what it describe as “even greater driving dynamics and an even more extravagant appearance.”

The first of the Ghost’s areas to receive some spicing up is the 6,75-litre twin-turbo V12, now good for 504 kW and 958 N.m. Sent to all four wheels, that immense torque allows the 2 553 kg Ghost to rocket from 0-100 km/h in just 4,5 seconds.

The SPOFEC suspension module lowers the Ghost’s ride height by 40 mm and to finish it all off, carbon fibre bodywork components such as front fenders, the rear bumper, side skirts and a rear spoiler all add to the sporty nature of this Ghost in trainers.

22-inch SPOFEC forged wheels have been developed in conjunction with Vossen, and thanks to a set of aluminium wheel spacers, the wheel wells are filled out perfectly.

https://www.carmag.co.za/news/spofec-rolls-royce-ghost/

Ghost 1.jpeg Ghost 2.jpeg Ghost 3.jpeg