22Seven & Capitec: Can't Link Account

Shalin_ZN

Expert Member
Hi guys, so I recently moved to Capitec.

I want to start using 22Seven to automate my expense tracking.

So I've added my username and password to the 22Seven website, but it says that my account could not update.

It shows my balance as R0.00, but I have a bit of money in the account.

Anyone else had this problem or knows how to fix it?

22Seven Capitec.jpg

Viva

Expert Member
Yeah mine works just fine. If you ever have issues with 22seven, use their support - they are fast, efficient and helpful.

Thor

Honorary Master
Does anyone with Capitec use this app?

I cannot get it to work with capitec.

It said it updated 4 days ago then when I press update it just updates but nothing changes still says 4 days ago.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Don't want to start another thread but is anyone able to update any Absa accounts lately?

Mine shows this error:

ABSA has a message for you.
Sorry, we couldn't update your information because ABSA needs you to log in to its site and read a message there.
I logged in but there is no message for me. Same thing happening with Virgin, also logged in and no message there either.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Does anyone with Capitec use this app?

I cannot get it to work with capitec.

It said it updated 4 days ago then when I press update it just updates but nothing changes still says 4 days ago.
Contact 22Seven, instead of talking on the forum.

Their support is very good.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Don't want to start another thread but is anyone able to update any Absa accounts lately?

Mine shows this error:

I logged in but there is no message for me. Same thing happening with Virgin, also logged in and no message there either.
Did you create a "read only" account for 22Seven? You'll need to login with that account.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
This. It's exactly what happened to me when FNB introduced their new internet banking rules at the start of this year. Fortunately a friendly 22 Seven consultant easily diagnosed the issue for me :) Massive fan of their customer care!

akescpt

Honorary Master
so is 22seven safe? always worried about sharing that critical info.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
so is 22seven safe? always worried about sharing that critical info.
Yeah, like has been said here you can create a read-only account for FNB which gave me confidence because those are my 'main' accounts, but I ended up adding my Standard Bank main internet banking details to 22 Seven more than a year ago and there's never been any issue ... at some point you gotta trust these guys, plus the fact that they're closely linked to Old Mutual makes me confident they won't muck around with security.

Here's the answer on 22 Seven's website:
How safe is it to give you my login credentials?
September 09, 2015 13:42
22seven uses the same security measures as banks, governments and the military.

By entering your login credentials on 22seven, you are enabling us to pull the information from your bank's site for you, and show it to you in new and useful ways. Nothing more.

We, along with our partner, Yodlee, make sure your security credentials are completely protected and always encrypted. Yodlee is an international company that does similar work with over 300 financial institutions world-wide (including 7 of the top 10 US institutions). They are regulated like a bank in the US. Security is their business.

We also put our service through its paces with regular security assessments by leading information security firms. And, for your peace of mind, 22seven is insured.

Please read more about our security.
https://conversations.22seven.com/hc/en-us/articles/200952328-How-safe-is-it-to-give-you-my-login-credentials-

akescpt

Honorary Master
im just risk averse. this type of info as well. putting my ocd into overdrive.