South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
My Line is working overtime.4mbps but i get downloads on torrents up to 480kbps!!
How much did your ping increase?
Line speed does nothing to latency, it's still the same distance.
Mine in game changed from 30ms to 50ms, which is still great for gaming. Did it really affect you that much?20ms. More than double what it was.
Mine in game changed from 30ms to 50ms, which is still great for gaming. Did it really affect you that much?
Check your modem stats, a lot of people are sycning at higher speeds.
Yes. rFactor 2 has a bit of prediction issues with pings over 200. If you saw my edit above.
Just saw your edit and I now see your predicament, lucky for me 50ms on local servers is still good and I gained 120KB/s on my line.
First check if you qualify like many of us in the Anyone noticing speed upgrades on Telkom ADSL thread.
PM TelkomZA or phone. Current criteria is MSAN/ISAM exchanges get this but am sure i am not on these but requested it and on a higher speed.
They are doing this to cover for overhead. You will get 5Mbps synch to cover overhead on 4Mbps so make sure your iSP covers that extra.
Just saw your edit and I now see your predicament, lucky for me 50ms on local servers is still good and I gained 120KB/s on my line.
since when could they do this? im also not on the MSAN/ISAM, and i was told they could not do this as im still on the older DSLAM
Personally that would be lovely, but 4Mb/s is already at the edge of my affordability ceiling.
Thanks everyone for the input.
What is the fastest and slowest time frame for the line change if I request it via the Afrihost client panel?
+1. Moved up from 2 to 4 2 months ago, now I can watch Youtube in HD(or at least 720p in some cases) instead of 360/480.
Basically think about it this way: every download will download twice as fast as it did before. If that doesn't do it for you, nothing will.