40% students consider emigrating

tibby.dude

Executive Member
This is true Tibby..... but are you guilty of an offence that you dont want cameras ? Too scared of not being a law abiding citizen? I would rather have a camera in a 100% Criminal conviction rate than 0 cameras and Murder that is out of control .. what is important to you?
To me my freedom is far too precious than to entrust it to the whims of a capricious big brother state promising me some false sense of security.

I already lived through one facist police state that was the old S.A and that was enough.

To me my freedom is far too precious than to entrust it to the whims of a capricious big brother state promising me some false sense of security.

I already lived through one facist police state that was the old S.A and that was enough.
Ahhhh, the freedom of being murdered :). At least in that "fascist police state" the freedom of being murdered wasn't a freedom... it was combated against with jail time and the death penalty :(.

Cara

Expert Member
I think that a big problem for some of these grads is that they finish and then can't get a job so they go over.

In some fields, like mine (BA), there are more opportunities overseas.

Need to be able to offer graduates decent work so that they hang around.

icyrus

Executive Member
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Benjamin Franklin.
Oh you are a riot. Did I say I approved of the cameras? You, however, have repeatedly shown yourself utterly incapable of understanding basic concepts so I will leave it there. Speaking to you is as useful and informative as speaking to wall.

RichardP

Banned
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Benjamin Franklin.
Aaaah, said by the man who has had a hand at crafting the World Police .... gool 'ol Benjamin - the modern "The Right to bear arms" clause is a gem.

Tbiiy.Dude... everyone is free to air their points of view, but If you think you are not being watched, you are sadly mistaken. The Cell network watch your phone (THAT is a FACT), the Banks watch your ATM habits, SARS watches your bank account and your employment, the traffic department and SARS are going to link their information systems soon, and it will eventually link to HARNIS. The Green book is going to go for a smartcard.. and that smartcard doesnt need to be out your pocket to be read. (RF-ID)

you are a bit naive if you think the SA Govt doesnt watch you... might not be cameras

Last edited:

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
To think that we are not being constantly monitored , is naive, as RichardP states , everthing electronic is monitored , tracking by cell phone is a simple exercise in triangulation of a signal, perfected in the 40's when the germans tracked illegal radio transmitters, camera,s are everywhere, the road network around C.T. is almost totally covered , you simply have to look around and see them, the F.I.C.A. act enforced on us by the banks is a prime example of tracking implemented under the excuse of crime and terrorism, barcoded id cards and id books, many atms have built in cameras, you fit a tracker to you car they can find you , you have a gps they can find you, the list increases daily and the amazing thing is people simply buy the equipment and install it themselves , governments no longer have to force these measures on us , we willingly purchase these "toys" , making their work easier and making everything you do more visible to the state.
We give up our own freedom without even realising it, if you want to be free of it all throw the toys away , dont have a cell , dont have a watch, dont have a pc , television or decoders, buy an old car with no onboard computer, and transact as much as possible with cash, and work for yourself insisting on cash only payments, and DONT have a telkom line. Otherwise live with the fact, you ARE being watched.
Personally i think graduates must by law work back the time spent on their degree in the country before being allowed to leave or work overseas, you want to study here, pay the price , and work it back, in other words earn the right to to leave.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
They only persons who dont get monitored are the very poor, and people who spend their days in the townships or in the rural areas and maybe hermits that live alone on the middle of a rural farm. So tibby, which option are you gonna choose to escape being watched?

Geriatrix

Executive Member
Uhm, why is everyone on tibbys case for not liking to be watched? I realize there's nothing(realistic) that can be done about it but it does kinda suck.

jontyB

Expert Member
Oh you are a riot. Did I say I approved of the cameras? You, however, have repeatedly shown yourself utterly incapable of understanding basic concepts so I will leave it there. Speaking to you is as useful and informative as speaking to wall.
I think tibby's blowing smoke. Here he bitches about cameras being used for spying for security purposes, then in a different thread wants a SWAT team blowing up hostage takers :confused:

Alan

Honorary Master
Given tibby's aversion to being "watched". One cannot but wonder what he gets up to.:eek:

:D

Drone 42

Personally i think graduates must by law work back the time spent on their degree in the country before being allowed to leave or work overseas, you want to study here, pay the price , and work it back, in other words earn the right to to leave.
That will only work in a country that has jobs for everybody and will probably lead to graduates getting paid nothing in that time. That will worsen the problem even further because less people will want to study then. Kinda the same thing that is happening with the two years doctors have to do at the moment. Not to mention taking away the persons freedom to choose what he wants to do. The thing is I assume a lot of the students want to leave because of affirmative action and not getting fair opportunities. Maybe this needs to change in order to make them stay. Not force them to do some job they are probably over qualified for.

Last edited: