4k over ethernet...

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
The HDMI plug is 16mm if I remember correctly.
The bulky plastic on either end can be shaved off to make it fit in a 20mm conduit.
Over done that before without damaging the cable.

My challenge is a 16mm conduit that I need to fit a cable through.
Tried mini HDMI which I could squeeze through with a mini to full converter and it didnt handle 4k even though all items were listed as 4k compatible.
Worked fine when I switched to 1080p

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Okay what if you just run some trunking flush against the ceiling or floor?
That's definetely not happening... I don't want visible trunking - especially running on the ceiling.

Lupus

Honorary Master
That's definetely not happening... I don't want visible trunking - especially running on the ceiling.
aah okay I don't mind as I don't have conduit in the ceiling and my roof is too low to crawl in it.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
aah okay I don't mind as I don't have conduit in the ceiling and my roof is too low to crawl in it.
Mines between 60cm and 30cm - its about 40cm at the projector - so a ton of fun everytime I get up there.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Mines between 60cm and 30cm - its about 40cm at the projector - so a ton of fun everytime I get up there.
Ouch that is rather low, my lounge has no room for a person as the ceiling board follows the curve of the trellis. I've got to replace that ceiling so when I do that, I may actually run a conduit.

Sensorei

Executive Member
Maybe re-think your cable upgrades... The future of projectors is ultra short throw laser projectors and they are getting cheaper. I saw the Xiaomi 4K UST the other day for $1700. In a year you'll find quality 4K UST for even less.

All of your long cable upgrades could just be a waste of time and money. If/when you upgrade to 4K with a UST projector, your amplifier won't be more than a couple of metres from the projector.

The picture from ultra short throw projectors still looks amazing in daylight or with a light shining directly on the screen if you have an ALR screen, because the fibres on the screen are angled downward towards the projector. Huge plus.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Maybe re-think your cable upgrades... The future of projectors is ultra short throw laser projectors and they are getting cheaper. I saw the Xiaomi 4K UST the other day for $1700. In a year you'll find quality 4K UST for even less.

All of your long cable upgrades could just be a waste of time and money. If/when you upgrade to 4K with a UST projector, your amplifier won't be more than a couple of metres from the projector.

The picture from ultra short throw projectors still looks amazing in daylight or with a light shining directly on the screen if you have an ALR screen, because the fibres on the screen are angled downward towards the projector. Huge plus.
Only issue at the moment is I don't have a working setup - I need to get up and running with my current projector?

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Takealot seems to have lost our return - says "Collection Scheduled" since Monday. Apparently been escalated :mad:
This is annoying as **** - Takealot have now responded to my wifes ticket saying its enroute to their warehouse (9km) away - since Monday 10am.

Status on their site reflects: "Status: Collection scheduled"