8ta speed has DECREASED recently.

robertwj

I have been on 8ta for over 1 year and its always been great - good gaming, streams and downloads.
But over the past two months it has gotten really slow, gaming is unbearable and streams are laggy.
I remember getting 900kbps download speeds now its 300kbps.

Anyone else have this issue? If this continues I might not renew with them.
BTW I stay in Port Elizabeth.

Telkom

Expert Member
Company Rep
I have been on 8ta for over 1 year and its always been great - good gaming, streams and downloads.
But over the past two months it has gotten really slow, gaming is unbearable and streams are laggy.

Hi robertwj

We would like to assist, please PM us your affected number and alternative number for further assistance.

Regards
Telkom Mobile

cr@zydude

Executive Member

Similar issue. I have been with them for 3 years and now speeds seem down. It is really bad at night. I can't stream properly after 6pm.

Wikkels88

Expert Member
Jip same ahere, been using them for the past couple of years mostly for gaming, ping spikes a lot lately, to local mweb servers playing CSGO I used to get steady ping between 40-90ms, now it'll spike to 1000ms+ ping every other minute, and then I eventually get kicked from the server because of excessive ping

Telkom

Expert Member
Company Rep
Hi All

We would like to assist, please PM us your affected number and alternative number for further assistance.

Regards
Telkom Mobile

Wikkels88

Expert Member
PM'd my details,really sucks full signal HSPA+ all the time, latencies will be fine for a few minutes, then it''l spike to 2000-3000ms, and its a 24/7 issue, I tried to play last night, problems from the get go, tried to play again at 1am, same problem, tried again just now, piece of **** internet still persists :mad:

Wikkels88

Expert Member
Meh, Telkom rep got someone to contact me (thanks btw) their suggestion was that either my router is faulty (which I doubt because it works fine with my cell c sim) or that my sim card damaged (which again I also doubt, a damaged sim card would result in no connectivity at all, this seems more like a network issue) but yeah he suggested I take my router and sim in to the nearest telkom shop, finding another mobile alternative seems like less of a hassle

bromster

Expert Member
I can't even get onto Facebook just after 11pm most nights. They should call it 10gb + 10gb night crawler.

Telkom

Expert Member
Company Rep
Hi bromster

As per our telephonic discussion, this response serves as a confirmation that the issue has been resolved. Should you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards
Telkom Mobile

I can't even get onto Facebook just after 11pm most nights. They should call it 10gb + 10gb night crawler.