"A Game of Thrones" discussion thread

BCO

Honorary Master
What is this? I can't see as I am on local. Is it a fantasy. Hbo always have good miniseries.
Dude it's a TV series of the 2nd best fantasy series ever. I have all the books, so when you're done with WoT, I can lend them to you.

BCO

Honorary Master
The cool thing is that HBO is gonna make one season per book, so it won't leave out much.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Oh the one you were talking about. I am still waiting for the new band of brothers.
LOL.. you're about three weeks behind schedule there Rip Van Winkle! :D

But yes... The Game of Thrones should be epic, even if the books were a little long winded.

BCO

Honorary Master
LOL.. you're about three weeks behind schedule there Rip Van Winkle! :D

But yes... The Game of Thrones should be epic, even if the books were a little long winded.
I didn't find the books to be long-winded, Gary. Maybe coz I read them straight after Wheel of Time, lol.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Great, I must try these books. I still have only read the first nine in the Wheel of Time. I'll wait for it all to be done (I hope the new guy does the rest justice) and then read it all again.

BCO

Honorary Master
You should definitely read these books, copacetic. They're quite a lot better than WoT IMO.

BCO

Honorary Master
WoT is great, but A Song of Ice and Fire is far superior in pretty much every aspect.

diabolus

Executive Member
And if you're interested in getting the series of book [there are 4 of them] , i bought them from Take2 for dirt cheap.

Start here: http://www.take2.co.za/books-a-game-of-thrones-paperback-963621.html

If you get the USA versions, it's R60 a book. So for R250 you can get the entire series :)

One very big difference between WoT and this series is , WoT is PG13 , this series is 18SNL in comparison :) . I'd kinda expect a tv series based on these books would probably resemble something like "The Tudors" and "Rome" [if anyone watched these series]. Both those series being rather on the brutal side of things and combined with all the family drama and political manouvering you can expect from royalty...and bastards alike :)
(and there's a reason why both those series were late night shows)

Last edited:

remus786

Expert Member
I have both series and though both are brilliant i have my doubts they can be brought to TV viewing and still keep the epic nature of these novels. i would have liked to see the WOT series done in anime but HBO does do graphic well.

BCO

Honorary Master
I have both series and though both are brilliant i have my doubts they can be brought to TV viewing and still keep the epic nature of these novels. i would have liked to see the WOT series done in anime but HBO does do graphic well.
The nice thing about ASOIAF is that there's not much overt magic, dragons etc. so I think the show could look fantastic with good set and costume design, lighting etc. Considering they have a $46 million (IIRC) budget for the first season, and not much CGI work to do, I think they can make it look very professional and polished.

remus786

Expert Member
wow thats huge.. iv never been one for magical workings anyways what with magic, mages and dragons so i figure with that budget this is gonna look good and look pretty realistic.