"A Game of Thrones" discussion thread

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the show a lot, but I just felt it lacked the epic scale of the books. For example, Danaerys'and Khal Drogo's wedding in the book was described as having Drogo's whole tribe in attendance - that's 40000 people. But in the tv show it looked like there were 100 people there.
Ye... didn't really look like a wedding did it.

I think there will be things that will be different and other things that will be added or removed to serve the format.... but I think that at the end of the day its going to be a great series.

Gothan

Expert Member
Cool something to watch this weekend. I so wish they would make a movie or something out of the Dragonlance chronicles, man loves those books, even though there are numerous similarities to Lord of the Rings (and the awful animation movie they made of "Dragons of Autumn twilight" does not count)

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Game of Thrones

The series has started, first two episodes are out and so far I am pretty happy. The production quality and acting are pretty high and the story pretty decent. Digging the dwarf :D

Its basically a fantasy based time piece with some saucy scenes (Like Rome & Spartacus) .

Anyone else started on this series?

czc

Honorary Master
Game of Thrones is an American medieval fantasy television series created for HBO by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss. The series is loosely based on author George R. R. Martin's best-selling A Song of Ice and Fire series of seven fantasy novels; HBO's overall series' title is derived from the first novel. The series debuted in the U. S. on Sunday evening, April 17, 2011 and was picked up for a second season on April 19th
Quick 2nd season pick up

HawkiesZA

The series has started, first two episodes are out and so far I am pretty happy. The production quality and acting are pretty high and the story pretty decent. Digging the dwarf :D

Its basically a fantasy based time piece with some saucy scenes (Like Rome & Spartacus) .

Anyone else started on this series?
Yessir. Saw the first episode and it looks pretty good.

Have you guys read the books?
Not yet. I'm still deciding whether I should enjoy the series now and then read the books, or read the books and stop watching the series after 3 episodes like I did with that hunk of junk "Legend of the Seeker". What would you advise?

Fader4

Expert Member
watched a bit of ep 1 earlier, gonna watch the rest and ep 2 later, looks awesome! also getting "the killing", seems like these two shows have potential

Yuu

Expert Member
Also grabbed most of the new shows that started, good to hear its good so far.

TV is not dieing afterall :)

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Spoiler question (haven't got the second episode yet):

Does that person die at the end after being pushed?

BCO

Honorary Master
I read the books a few years ago and have just about finished a 2nd reread of the first book in time for the series. Digging the first 2 eps so far, but I'd say reading the books enhances the viewing experience, as you're aware of a lot of other stuff that's not necessarily mentioned in the show.

remus786

Expert Member
Def worth reading the books first.. too many little things one could miss..

DurbanMonkey

Banned
Loving the show. That little prince needs a good old fashion beating :)

Sent from my X10i using MyBroadband Android App

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Love the show too - makes a change from all the other boring crud that's on.