ABSA bank not working on MAC

starlord_bunni

Hi everyone, I hope someone can help.

We're trying to log in to ABSA online banking on a MAC for personal and our business account. When we type in the login details and click on next it shows a loading icon in the middle and after a while, it says the server did not respond.

We tried it on Chrome, Safari and on Firefox. We also tried it on all three of our internet lines in the office. It keeps doing the same.

We logged in to ABSA on a Windows computer in the same office, on the same network, and it went in immediately. Do you have any idea what this can be? We've also rebooted the MAC and cleared the cache as instructed by your call center, but they are unable to help us.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Maybe its your sh*tty bank that doesn't develop the code in their web page to acceptable standards.

nkonzosims

Anyone who got any issues regarding this could you please PM me the details. I work close to the online banking team, I might be able to help.

Daruk

Honorary Master

We're trying to log in to ABSA online banking on a MAC for personal and our business account. When we type in the login details and click on next it shows a loading icon in the middle and after a while, it says the server did not respond.

We tried it on Chrome, Safari and on Firefox. We also tried it on all three of our internet lines in the office. It keeps doing the same.

We logged in to ABSA on a Windows computer in the same office, on the same network, and it went in immediately. Do you have any idea what this can be? We've also rebooted the MAC and cleared the cache as instructed by your call center, but they are unable to help us.
Had issues but got it working last week on Safari. It's definitely iffy on a mac for some reason.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Anyone who got any issues regarding this could you please PM me the details. I work close to the online banking team, I might be able to help.
I'll test in the morning and let you know... will check the developers console in Safari. Do the online banking team have access to Macs for testing? If not, get them to sign up for a macincloud.com account for testing.

nkonzosims

I'll test in the morning and let you know... will check the developers console in Safari. Do the online banking team have access to Macs for testing? If not, get them to sign up for a macincloud.com account for testing.
We do have a mac. The app is being tested using the 2015 Macbook Pro running on Mojave.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic

Send me your ABSA logins, ill test on my Mac.

starlord_bunni

Oops, I forgot to log back in here. Still having the same issues. Phoned ABSA again, told me to clear cache and reboot again.

Lord Flacko

Expert Member
Upgraded my mac to Catalina. Website works fine on all browsers I have (Safari, Chrome, Opera). Have you tried to create a new location under Network (System Preferences), maybe even change the DNS to 8.8.8.8