Absa online banking system partially restored

Macethy

I went to the Spar around the corner to buy sweets and their card machines weren't working (they said they bank with ABSA, I'm with Nedbank). Went to the petrol station next to it and the same story, seems like more then their internet banking that fell over...

jasweb

The lack of communication was the worst... Seriously considering moving to FNB... At least they are communicating when there are issues.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Their communication cannot be worse than the company I work for, surely?

Anyhow, FNB is great, so come on over :)

boerseun

Macethy:8301205 said:
I went to the Spar around the corner to buy sweets and their card machines weren't working (they said they bank with ABSA, I'm with Nedbank). Went to the petrol station next to it and the same story, seems like more then their internet banking that fell over...
Same story here. Shop that has Absa card machines could not process trandactions, while shop next to it with Nedbank machnes were fine.

Voicy

Honorary Master
They had the exact same issue 2 weekends back. Seriously need to move myself over to FNB already.

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Customers were also urged to use Absa branches

Bunch of morons - nice way to lose clients! No one wants to go into branches any more.

human75

It was very bad experience.Credit card machines stopped working middle of service.Our restaurant lost lots of customer because of this.and ABSA just says “sincerely apologises for any inconvenience caused.”.Stupid!!!!!

disabled

Expert Member
It was very bad experience.Credit card machines stopped working middle of service.Our restaurant lost lots of customer because of this.and ABSA just says “sincerely apologises for any inconvenience caused.”.Stupid!!!!!
What's the point in them apologising they don't give a damn anyways...Unless of course you are a multi billionaire then they'll take note but for us little people...I hate going into banks they make you feel so uncomfortable like a criminal with all the eyes watching you...& not only that they have maybe 6/7 stations & only 2/3 are manned, specially Fridays & end of month...Thumbs down!
I wanna move to a bank where they give away stuff like Ipads & cellphones ABSA gives away zero

Last edited:

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Same story here. Shop that has Absa card machines could not process trandactions, while shop next to it with Nedbank machnes were fine.

Was at a Spar yesterday and they were also offline. It was chaotic! They had only ONE backup FNB machine that everyone had to use.

Very glad I am with Captec. ABSA seems so expensive and service is CRAP! When I was with them anyway...not sure if it has improved.

koeksGHT

Dealer
People use ABSA still?

Been with Standard Bank and much prefer their service over the others...

MickeyD

RIP
ABSA...

- new IT system

- staffing issues, forced retrenchments, transfers, etc.

- system crashes

Coincidence?

Cicero

Expert Member
ABSA is still down for me! WTF ABSA...how do you not see this **** coming! End of the month and all.