ADSL ISP advice

Ghost729

I am thinking of switching ISP's even though I have only had ADSL for about two weeks (used to live with my family, now I'm on my own).

I have a Vox Fat Pipe 100GB account on a 4mbps line and it's been great so far. The first weekend I ran quite a few speed tests I was consistently getting around 10ms ping, 3.4mbps DL and 0.4mbps UL.

I signed up for a free account and ran some speed tests. I got around 25ms ping, 3.9mbps DL and 0.4mbps UL consistently. I was a bit worried about the ping so I tested my Vox account again and got very similar results to Axxess.

So now I'm at a crossroads. Performance (even though I ran the tests within 20 min) seem similar. Axxess is cheaper: R189 vs R249 for 100GB. I am not too concerned about roll over, because I don't foresee myself using up the data anyway.

The cherry on top is that with a combo from Axxess I could be being the same as I am now and get a 10mbps line. Currently, my line is managed by Telkom.

I use my ADSL for mostly for streaming and a bit of Dota 2.

Any advice on whether I should switch over to Axxess and whether I should let them manage my line as well? I know getting my line back from them could be a pain, but speed is speed.

cobusv

i agree with MickeyD, if you are happy where you are stay,

if it aint broken, dont try fix it!!