ADSL Line installation

mrfanman

@TelkomSA

I have requested the install of a landline at my home at the start of May.

Since then a couple of technicians has been sent out to do the installation. Each time I have to arrange to leave work and go home just to be told a different excuse.

Some in the form of they do not have access to a pole on another yard (The first 3 technicians had this problem until I walked to the people and asked for access and it was given.) Yet we did not reach the point of entering because different problems were mentioned.

Second excuse was that there was a tree in the way and it needs to be trimmed. The first 3 technicians did not see this as a problem and used a ladder to get to the box. It was logged that it should be trimmed and some maintenance guy came to investigate and since then nothing changed with regards to the tree.

The last excuse was that the old cable was replaced and needed to be reconnected so the technician could not do anything. This was interesting since the neighbors are connected to the same pole and have ADSL.

There were a couple of other cases where the technician called and never came to the house. Rescheduled for another day and did not called again.

My biggest concern is that there is no communication. With each technician I need to explain the complete thing from the start. Each of them asking me about the tree and the cable. Telkom Sales are useless (Most of the times willing to help but just can't) and their supervisors don't respond to my requests. The technicians them selfs are out sources and can only communicate with Telkom using some call center? :confused:

So I am stuck in a loop where on a weekly basis at least 1 or 2 technicians are sent out to my house with out effect. This can continue for months if no one intervenes. HelloPeter only gets me to a point of escalating the request. Facebook messages to Telkom always promise a swift response and apologies.

Have anyone came across similar problems and how can I overcome this? Is there a number I can call that is not the sales department but rather someone that can do something about this that you know of?

Thanks in advance.

krustyrsa

@TelkomSA

I have requested the install of a landline at my home at the start of May.

Since then a couple of technicians has been sent out to do the installation. Each time I have to arrange to leave work and go home just to be told a different excuse.

Some in the form of they do not have access to a pole on another yard (The first 3 technicians had this problem until I walked to the people and asked for access and it was given.) Yet we did not reach the point of entering because different problems were mentioned.

Second excuse was that there was a tree in the way and it needs to be trimmed. The first 3 technicians did not see this as a problem and used a ladder to get to the box. It was logged that it should be trimmed and some maintenance guy came to investigate and since then nothing changed with regards to the tree.

The last excuse was that the old cable was replaced and needed to be reconnected so the technician could not do anything. This was interesting since the neighbors are connected to the same pole and have ADSL.

There were a couple of other cases where the technician called and never came to the house. Rescheduled for another day and did not called again.

My biggest concern is that there is no communication. With each technician I need to explain the complete thing from the start. Each of them asking me about the tree and the cable. Telkom Sales are useless (Most of the times willing to help but just can't) and their supervisors don't respond to my requests. The technicians them selfs are out sources and can only communicate with Telkom using some call center? :confused:

So I am stuck in a loop where on a weekly basis at least 1 or 2 technicians are sent out to my house with out effect. This can continue for months if no one intervenes. HelloPeter only gets me to a point of escalating the request. Facebook messages to Telkom always promise a swift response and apologies.

Have anyone came across similar problems and how can I overcome this? Is there a number I can call that is not the sales department but rather someone that can do something about this that you know of?

Thanks in advance.

Telkom does not reply to threads, send them a PM

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/member.php/258937-TelkomZA

mrfanman

Hey, Thanks for the response.

@krustyrsa : I did just that thanks. I did reference this thread in the PM also.

@MickeyD : I am in Garsfontein, Pretoria.