ADSL upgrade

jsas

HI Everyone
I currently have a 10mbps Telkom ADSL line. The coverage map checker shows that we only have 10mbps in the area and there is no Telkom fibre in the area only Octotel. I would like to upgrade the speed. Is there any way we can get the adsl lines upgraded so that we can get higher speeds or get Telkom fibre into my area. I am in Rylands Ext 5, Cape Town.

jsas

unfortunately octotel does not fall under the Telkom fibre banner

jsas

Unfortunately I am on the 24month contract and have to wait till next year to do the switch. Personally I have had no issues with Telkom and my service has with them has been pretty good.. Probably one of the very very few that have had no issues with Telkom that why for now I would to choose to stay under their banner

bobcpt

Unfortunately I am on the 24month contract and have to wait till next year to do the switch. Personally I have had no issues with Telkom and my service has with them has been pretty good.. Probably one of the very very few that have had no issues with Telkom that why for now I would to choose to stay under their banner

You can ask Telkom how much it will cost to cancel the contract early, then do the math to see if it is worth it. I had a data contract with Telkom Mobile and they were willing to allow early cancellation as long as you paid the cancellation fee, outstanding devices fees and one or two months installments.

MavChat

Expert Member
HI Everyone
I currently have a 10mbps Telkom ADSL line. The coverage map checker shows that we only have 10mbps in the area and there is no Telkom fibre in the area only Octotel. I would like to upgrade the speed. Is there any way we can get the adsl lines upgraded so that we can get higher speeds or get Telkom fibre into my area. I am in Rylands Ext 5, Cape Town.
Telkom will not upgrade copper infrastructure as it is being phased out.