Adsl woes

ImmoD

Need some advice from the experts, Not happy with my current ISP Mweb and looking to make a change but not with put advice.
I currently have an 8mbs Line which I get max speed of about 7mbs at best & up to 2mbs during busy periods with uncapped Data that is throttled at 250GB, the problem is once its capped speeds drop to less than 1mbs and I am lucky if even get anywhere close to that speed & to make matters worse Mweb tracks usage on a 30 day cycle not monthly.
They have good customer service, I have had hiccups but it was always resolved & the connection is always consistent.
Please recommend an ISP that offers good service, connection & after sales.
I've read a lot of reviews of horror stories so i am very sceptical.

fundutzi

A general answer.
If you pay Telkom for the DSL connection and Line, you have many options.
If not, ensure you get the line and DSL connection with Telkom {a pain}, then again you have many options.
Perhaps pick data from Vox.
Do not like them, make your pick from this list.

Further comments.
Best you try and get Fibre if at all possible.

Please indicate within +- 500 meters your location.

cobusv

i would also vouch for Vox here, been using them for about 3 years now, always full line speed at 300G a month i'm not complaining.

ImmoD

@fundutzi thank you, I was looking for more specific response however. I know Telkom has the worst customer service experience from my own experience and people I have spoken to but they have great packages. There is no fiber in my area but I have applied for it.

@cobusv I am leaning towards vox for data but was a bit concerned after read a few bad reviews on HP and this forum.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
With ADSL your biggest challenge will ALWAYS be Telkom and their bad service.

ISP's only provide authentication to connect to the internt and if your ADSL is down it is very rarely the ISP that's at fault.

With ISP's, your biggest challenge will be their billing departments. There I would steer clear of Vox at all cost, as well as MWeb and Afrihost.

But of course I will be "corrected" by many other posters immediately, so good luck....