Afrihost ADSL issues (WORST ISP EVER)

Devgru7222

I don’t know if this is the right place to post, but sorry in advance if it’s not.

As i am writing this post my ADSL have been off for exactly 6 days and counting.
When phoning AFRISHOT you wait in line for anything between 10 and 20 minutes before speaking to someone.
They have a look at your issue and blame it on TELKOM.
Now here is the catch.
I had a service with Mweb before moving to Afrihost, cancelled my service with Mweb because of the throttling issue they have.

got myself a nice 200GB capped package which worked great for a few days, now keep in mind my line was with Telkom at the time.

So I asked Afrihost to take over the line, all hell broke loose!
The moment my line moved to AFRIHOST my line stopped working. Now they blame it on Telkom?
AFRIHOST in my opinion is the worst of the bunch as far as service and getting your product to work.
I have left a similar post on hello peter and sent a complaint to ICASA. Not sure what that will do, but I did hear they are the department that protects customers from bad companies like AFRIHOST.
As of now I have no idea what is wrong, how it will be fixed or how long it will take.
Now here is my plan.
As soon as my service is fixed (don’t know how) but let us say it does get fixed I will be packing my bags as I cannot stay with a unprofessional company such as Afrihost.

any advice from fellow Afrihost haters?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Can you connect using another ISP? Else it is Telkom, which is what I am leaning towards if you say your line has been down a week.

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
I don’t know if this is the right place to post, but sorry in advance if it’s not.

As i am writing this post my ADSL have been off for exactly 6 days and counting.
When phoning AFRISHOT you wait in line for anything between 10 and 20 minutes before speaking to someone.
They have a look at your issue and blame it on TELKOM.
Now here is the catch.
I had a service with Mweb before moving to Afrihost, cancelled my service with Mweb because of the throttling issue they have.

got myself a nice 200GB capped package which worked great for a few days, now keep in mind my line was with Telkom at the time.

So I asked Afrihost to take over the line, all hell broke loose!
The moment my line moved to AFRIHOST my line stopped working. Now they blame it on Telkom?
AFRIHOST in my opinion is the worst of the bunch as far as service and getting your product to work.
I have left a similar post on hello peter and sent a complaint to ICASA. Not sure what that will do, but I did hear they are the department that protects customers from bad companies like AFRIHOST.
As of now I have no idea what is wrong, how it will be fixed or how long it will take.
Now here is my plan.
As soon as my service is fixed (don’t know how) but let us say it does get fixed I will be packing my bags as I cannot stay with a unprofessional company such as Afrihost.

any advice from fellow Afrihost haters?
Hi Devgru

Sorry about only jumping on the thread now :( I see our Hellopeter team have everything up to date, can't seem to spot yours - but I'm sure they've given you some initial feedback already.
In any case, I'm really sorry for letting you down - it's definitely not how we roll.

Around the line migration and fault, the migration is basically some paperwork between us and Telkom - nothing else changes from there. I'd like to follow up on the fault and escalate wherever possible. Would you be able to PM me info please?

Firecorp

Hi Devgru

Sorry about only jumping on the thread now :( I see our Hellopeter team have everything up to date, can't seem to spot yours - but I'm sure they've given you some initial feedback already.
In any case, I'm really sorry for letting you down - it's definitely not how we roll.

Around the line migration and fault, the migration is basically some paperwork between us and Telkom - nothing else changes from there. I'd like to follow up on the fault and escalate wherever possible. Would you be able to PM me info please?

Why does Afrihost ALWAYS lie to customers about the reason for their problems.

They have lied to me on several occasions refer to my complaint where you also responded and then disappeared as well.
My complaint was taken over by your critical care department who has solved it after some weeks.

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Why does Afrihost ALWAYS lie to customers about the reason for their problems.

They have lied to me on several occasions refer to my complaint where you also responded and then disappeared as well.
My complaint was taken over by your critical care department who has solved it after some weeks.
I don't think anyone is being intentionally lied to, I'm sorry if that's been the case for you.
Glad Critical Care was able to resolve your query.

Devgru7222

Look the line has been fixed for some reason some way. as a matter of fact only yesterday.
Now that my product have been fixed i would like to mention I will be moving my account to something else. There is just no way on this god forsaken continent I would ever think about staying with Afrihost as the damage has been done. They are in fact as I put it the worst of the worst bunch out there, there might be people that disagrees with me, that’s fine. But for myself and anyone i know i would not recommend Afrihost ever, I am a systems administrator and a lot of people come to me for some sort of advice on these things, I would never ever recommend them, not even to our not functioning government as it will only turn out worse.

MY POINT BEING, IM OUT. THANKS BUT NO THANKS

AfriGuy

Afrihost
Staff member
Company Rep
Look the line has been fixed for some reason some way. as a matter of fact only yesterday.
Now that my product have been fixed i would like to mention I will be moving my account to something else. There is just no way on this god forsaken continent I would ever think about staying with Afrihost as the damage has been done. They are in fact as I put it the worst of the worst bunch out there, there might be people that disagrees with me, that’s fine. But for myself and anyone i know i would not recommend Afrihost ever, I am a systems administrator and a lot of people come to me for some sort of advice on these things, I would never ever recommend them, not even to our not functioning government as it will only turn out worse.

Glad to hear that it's fixed, apologies again for letting you down so badly :(
I'm still open to running through your account and see where we've gone wrong - just drop me a PM and I can take things forward for you.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master

So because Telkom messed up you are blaming Afrihost.
*slow clap*
/facepalm

MickZA

Executive Member
So because Telkom messed up you are blaming Afrihost.
*slow clap*
/facepalm
... and it seems he's now going to have to move his line back to Telkom in order to change ISP's - more fun & games ahead :whistling:

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
telkom messed up ?

who said telkom messed up ?
If your ADSL line is down for a week with no throughput whatsoever and no general outages were reported on Afrihost (there must have been at least 1/2 in his neighborhood who use the same ISP and would report), then it is most likely Telkom.

Grant

Honorary Master
If your ADSL line is down for a week with no throughput whatsoever and no general outages were reported on Afrihost (there must have been at least 1/2 in his neighborhood who use the same ISP and would report), then it is most likely Telkom.
If your ADSL line is down for a week with no throughput whatsoever and no general outages were reported on Telkom (probably the entire neighborhood's adsl lines are supplied by telkom, and would report), then it is most likely not Telkom - keeping in mind of course it was perfect right until handover to afrihost

Devgru7222

Yes Mr know so much Johnatan56, did you read my post? Everything was working before the line handover from Telkom to Afrihost. Now let’s give this man a slow clap.....

As for MickZA's comment.. If you have/had all the trouble I had, you would have most definitely moved your account in a heartbeat.
Remember most of us don’t only use our internet just for entertainment, the week I was down not only cost me frustrations but also added a income issue which these days you can’t afford to have. A WEEK???? Come on!!!

The underline point I had was the initial below ANC par poor service! 10 minutes to 20 minutes on hold calls a quick 3 minutes chat to put you on another 10 minutes hold, and then get cut off.... Cell C or Afrihost.... mmmmmm.
The support tickets they brag about only get replied to after 2 days or so.
They have the worst support times, Mweb had better.

NOW! My question was not for these trolls to give me a slap comment. My question was for fellow AFRIHOST haters,, where to go now???

MickZA

Executive Member
As for MickZA's comment.. If you have/had all the trouble I had, you would have most definitely moved your account in a heartbeat.
Why move your line billing to save a few bucks though?

At the end of the day it's still Telkoms line and their responsibility to climb poles and wield the screwdrivers - I prefer to have a one on one relationship with them to resolve my clients problems instead of working through a third party.

Devgru7222

Yip, lesson learnt. I heard it was better to have your entire account at one place just in case there is a issue. They say it is better to deal with them instead of Telkom, well........ Did they play a trick on me!
Never would I ever try that horrible path again.

LESSON LEARNT!

brentm

Yip, lesson learnt. I heard it was better to have your entire account at one place just in case there is a issue. They say it is better to deal with them instead of Telkom, well........ Did they play a trick on me!
Never would I ever try that horrible path again.

LESSON LEARNT!
It's really cute, though. You blame an ISP for something that was either a router fault or a line fault? And you call yourself a Systems admin. What a joke? I've had nothing but awesome service from Afrihost and absolutely love them. Sure, some things do go wrong but I mean, relax a little?

Why don't you tell us what the exact end cause of the issue was?

Thor

Honorary Master

Cool story bro! Now go grab yourself an inferior account ISP account then we will see you back in a few weeks again. Mkay!

( You have a issue yes, but your barking up the wrong tree, telkom is where your problems at ma boy )

Devgru7222

@brentm

look little padiwan! i think im done with the post. had my say. got a nice ISP which i am happy with. now you go and call fualt with a router???? whahahaha! and you tell me im a joke. listen lets forget even the mention of you trying to be a smart ass. go back into your Afri lovers den and relax.

@the god of thunder "AKA Thor187" i did go get myself a ISP which im happy with. go get more curls for the girls ma boy ;)

Last edited: