Afrihost APN not working

Carri3

Hi

I am trying to get some technical support from Afrihost with regards to the APN settings on my phone.

I am unable to delete the existing MTN APNs on my phone, so I ended up just adding the "afrihost" APN.

After numerous calls to Afrihost and some help, I am still unable to get this working.

My mobile data does work, but when I run the test to see if I am on the Afrihost website it indicates that I am not.

I have restarted my phone numerous times and removed and re-added the "afrihost" APN.

I need someone more technical from Afrihost to contact me, so that we can figure out the problem.

Please will an Afrihost representative contact me?

Thanks.

Caroline

Solitude

Executive Member
My parents are having a similar problem at the moment. And I can't teamviewer in to have a look. It always used to work until yesterday and now it shows that their MTN data is depleted. Which means the APN is most likely not set and yet it sounds like the APN is set.

Afrihost, are you guys currently having problems with the APN?

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
Hi

I am trying to get some technical support from Afrihost with regards to the APN settings on my phone.

I am unable to delete the existing MTN APNs on my phone, so I ended up just adding the "afrihost" APN.

After numerous calls to Afrihost and some help, I am still unable to get this working.

My mobile data does work, but when I run the test to see if I am on the Afrihost website it indicates that I am not.

I have restarted my phone numerous times and removed and re-added the "afrihost" APN.

I need someone more technical from Afrihost to contact me, so that we can figure out the problem.

Please will an Afrihost representative contact me?

Thanks.

Caroline
you should actually delete all other APN's out when you put the afrihost one on.

Solitude

Executive Member
My parents' one got sorted. Was a problem with the router and not with Afrihost.

saor

Honorary Master
Ffs I can't find the official thread on mobile.
Anyone else having issues with AH right now?