AfriGenie, I have yet to receive my AfriGreen details.
I'm sure you'll receive them soon
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
AfriGenie, I have yet to receive my AfriGreen details.
Youtube not loading any videos.... Cape Town Area
Canceling my account. Can't take this anymore. Cheers Afrihost
Pure Internet Joy at 6 in the morning... Seems like all AWS services are affected.
--- www.amazon.com ping statistics ---
10 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss
Edit: Can't take this anymore. Downgraded my AH connection to 1gb, and signed up with another ISP.
I got mine yesterday. Didn't have much time to look at it but I didn't notice much of an improvement.
My Afrihost account is on thin ice here. The other people at home are getting itchy and I am getting tired of "the internet is slow".![]()
Not sure if Amazon accept ICMP
Do you have any tests that I can replicate the issues on?
Not sure. Tried the same ping with the new ISP and it didn't work. But either way, the actual sites I was trying to browse on AWS are working flawlessly now with this ISP. The combination of really bad performance on AH lately, and a better deal at another ISP was enough for me to make the switch.
Could you paste an example site that you're battling with? I'd like to run some tests and get the bottom of it![]()
I've been struggling massively with Google services lately. For example, I was averaging around 200ms response time to YouTube with some lost packets, while I am getting 30ms on this new network. The sites I was talking about this morning were The Verge and Polygon. Overall though, pretty much every single site/service has been intermittent, especially over the last week/weekend. Anyway, I'm off the AH network for now, with absolutely no problems with the new ISP. Will use up my remaining data towards the end of the month.
YouTube still not working.............
I don't know why I even keep trying. It is the definition of insanity to try the same thing over and over and expect a different result.
I am switching to my Backup ISP and staying there.
Afrihost have had long enough and thing just get worse.
Is the content just buffering/ slow or is the site itself not loading up?
Sorry to hear you're wanting to cancel![]()
I'll happily run some tests with you to get this fixed up though, YouTube performance should be good this morning, and the site should definitely load.
What DNS servers are you using?
So last night the missus and I have an argument because of Afrihost's crap!
She tried to send her CV for a job she applied for... and it wouldn't go through on GMail.
Thanks Afrihost...
The site doesn't load... have to hit refresh several times...
The video clips play, and then stop and sit and buffer until I intervene...
Yes, it is working again now. Performance is still very poor on YouTube.
The problem is that the current network always has issues at some point during the day. Last night YouTube could not even load a second of video. It's incredibly frustrating.
Also EU ping on Rocket League is consistently +35ms higher than the ping my friends get who are using Mweb and WebAfrica.
I'm using the default DNS servers as assigned by Afrihost.
Maybe I will see you again someday. cheers
ping youtube.com
Pinging youtube.com [216.58.223.46] with 32 bytes
Reply from 216.58.223.46: bytes=32 time=10ms TTL=53
Reply from 216.58.223.46: bytes=32 time=10ms TTL=53
Request timed out.
Reply from 216.58.223.46: bytes=32 time=10ms TTL=53
Ping statistics for 216.58.223.46:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 3, Lost = 1 (25% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 10ms, Maximum = 10ms, Average = 10ms
tracert gmail.com
Tracing route to gmail.com [216.58.223.37]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 10 ms 8 ms 9 ms 41.181.178.42
4 9 ms 9 ms 8 ms ipc-recieve-jh-4a.za.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.178.41]
5 9 ms 77 ms 10 ms qux-jh-dca-2.za-b.za.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.165.115]
6 10 ms 8 ms 8 ms jh-dca-2.za--qux-b.za.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.165.114]
7 12 ms 23 ms 17 ms 41.181.180.10
8 10 ms 9 ms 9 ms rb-cr-2.za--jh-cr-1.za.mtnns.net [196.44.0.43]
9 15 ms 9 ms 9 ms 41.181.139.99
10 10 ms 14 ms 30 ms 72.14.194.74
11 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms 72.14.239.129
12 10 ms * 10 ms jnb01s08-in-f5.1e100.net [216.58.223.37]
Trace complete.
I've been having some huge problems with google services the past couple of days. I checked the uncapped bussiness thread and it seems the problem is widespread among all afrihost accounts, capped and uncapped. I've tried using a different DNS and it doesn't change a single thing. Currently using the auto assigned dns.
-snip
Very hard to pickup issues here, the latency looks really good
Is the site loading for you and content buffering?
Google services such as youtube and gmail load for around 4 minutes before timing out completely. Reloading the page works to an extent but with missing images and other content. If I actually manage to load a youtube video it plays up to 720p quality with a bit of buffering. There are definitely other people with the same problem as me if you check the other thread. This problem is not on my side.
I don't have an Afrigreen account so unfortunately can't test there. Not sure why the pages struggle to load, according to my tests it does look like huge amounts of packet loss. If you refer back to my post with the pingtest and trace route.I'm just confused as to why the page itself doesn't even loadSomething must be getting lost somewhere.
Have you tested on Afrigreen?