Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol what did AH show with the new PoC network? NOTHING its still the same as it was months ago. AH can't even get a test network to run properly instead AH wasted everyone's time testing it and letting people believe AH are fixing the network how many months must we still wait for a working network? oh wait we can't give a exact date or time

That I'm going to dispute. For the most part we've received very good feedback on AfriGreen - barring the weekend when we had to take the entire PoC for a period - and it is definitely look up. With the testing progressing as well as it is we've started to ramp up the amount of clients on AfriGreen to test the stability and once that is done we can start a wider roll-out.
 
196.7.7.7 and 196.7.8.9.
Will try 8.8.8.8, but expect it will kill the interwebs entirely (if my pings are anything to go by.)

Edit: Surprisingly, doesn't kill everything. But still same problems with the Googles. And everything is slower.

Can you send me a PM with your ADSL username please. :)
 
That I'm going to dispute. For the most part we've received very good feedback on AfriGreen - barring the weekend when we had to take the entire PoC for a period - and it is definitely look up. With the testing progressing as well as it is we've started to ramp up the amount of clients on AfriGreen to test the stability and once that is done we can start a wider roll-out.

How soon until everyone has been moved over to the new network? 2 months?
 
I wanted to watch a youtube video tonight. On the AH account, the youtube page dont even load. I waited 12 minutes.

This 12 minutes is also how long it took me to sign up for a WA test account. I am now watching the video, on the WA account...
 
How soon until everyone has been moved over to the new network? 2 months?

I'm not sure on the exact numbers, but I doubt it would be that long. We're starting to ramp up the testing, so most of those that opted in to test should have details soon.
 
I wanted to watch a youtube video tonight. On the AH account, the youtube page dont even load. I waited 12 minutes.

This 12 minutes is also how long it took me to sign up for a WA test account. I am now watching the video, on the WA account...

Have you received an AfriGreen account to test with yet?
 
Hello Afri-Man

I just want to mention that I am also having difficulty browsing international websites. Until about 30 min ago G mail loaded slowly but surely, but now the site is just hanging.

I have logged a ticket with support and are awaiting feedback. Using a 20+20GB Capped Account.
 
Youtube not loading any videos.... Cape Town Area

Canceling my account. Can't take this anymore. Cheers Afrihost
 
Pure Internet Joy at 6 in the morning... Seems like all AWS services are affected.

--- www.amazon.com ping statistics ---
10 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

Edit: Can't take this anymore. Downgraded my AH connection to 1gb, and signed up with another ISP.
 
Last edited:
Have you received an AfriGreen account to test with yet?

I got mine yesterday. Didn't have much time to look at it but I didn't notice much of an improvement.

My Afrihost account is on thin ice here. The other people at home are getting itchy and I am getting tired of "the internet is slow". :(
 
Hello Afri-Man

I just want to mention that I am also having difficulty browsing international websites. Until about 30 min ago G mail loaded slowly but surely, but now the site is just hanging.

I have logged a ticket with support and are awaiting feedback. Using a 20+20GB Capped Account.

Sorry about this :(
Are there any tests that I can take a look at?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X