Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
5am, had to upload a video and download another from my youtube channel.
Nothing happening, youtube not loading.
Ping = 60% packet loss
Traceroute - 2nd hop into "mtnbusines . . ." and that is where it fell apart.
A torrent was also (attempting to) downloading - at the impressive speed of 24kb/s (was not too concerned about it)

Switched to another isp trial account.
Youtube instantly loaded.
Torrent speed shot up to 180kb/s

My account payments are always performing as expected, yet the service received is below sub-standard.
Enough of this pure internet hell !

Afrihost - you need to seriously consider passing plenty of credits to your remaining customers, you're taking money for wine but delivering dirty water in return.

Really sorry to hear that :( Would you be able to paste a traceroute here so I can see where things are going wrong?
 
I'm using Invoice2Go on the Apple iPad is a cloud app, problem is I can't see where it is linking to.

I can't email/preview/print when connected to the @afrigreen account, when I switch to the @afrihost account, I can email/preview/print with the app.

Any ideas how to track the routing? ;)
 
Can the POC feedback be on the proper threads. They are also trials, which not everyone is on.
 
Taken away R300 from Afrihost and now going to spend R165 on VOX.

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to do the same...


This is on a 10Mbps line!
4523605455.png


And then later it fortunately picked up a little...
4523741795.png


Look, afrihost, we really love you guys, but this is just not on :(

EDIT: I decided that I should at least try their test network before leaving. What a massive difference!
4523821195.png

I'm a little unsure now... Save a dime or two and move to Vox... or wait it out?? :(
I'm concerned that I'm gonna miss out on the 100Gb deal at Vox, but I don't really know whether it is actually moving to much greener pastures.
 
Last edited:
I'm concerned that I'm gonna miss out on the 100Gb deal at Vox, but I don't really know whether it is actually moving to much greener pastures.

You can suspend your Afrihost account for up to 3 months and try VOX out. At the end of 3 Months decide which one to continue with.
That way you save some cash and test the VOX network without having to cut Afrihost dead till you have decided which is best.
 
You can suspend your Afrihost account for up to 3 months and try VOX out. At the end of 3 Months decide which one to continue with.
That way you save some cash and test the VOX network without having to cut Afrihost dead till you have decided which is best.

I think I'll do just that! Thanks for the advice :)
 
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to do the same...


This is on a 10Mbps line!
4523605455.png


And then later it fortunately picked up a little...
4523741795.png


Look, afrihost, we really love you guys, but this is just not on :(
I don't really want to move so I'll pause my service until you guys have sorted yourselves out - then maybe have another go.

Have you been able to test one of our AfriGreen accounts yet?
 
I hear allot about these afrigreen accounts everyone must sign up for. I did a while back and nothing. Yet people complain on your fb and get issued one. How does that work?
 
I hear allot about these afrigreen accounts everyone must sign up for. I did a while back and nothing. Yet people complain on your fb and get issued one. How does that work?

Hi!

You should have received your AfriGreen details by now, can you please send me a PM with your ADSL username and I'll look into this.
 
Posting this for some entertainment value:

Ticket: BRB-135-66269

I am livid (and slightly intoxicated) right now; so be prepared for some hate mail:

Not only can I not download what I want, due to the bad performance on ALL Afrihost accounts, but Afrihost OWES me money.

I've explained this already on 2 different calls and yet I have not been credited.

So here is my pitiful tale (which is more than likely to be laughed off):
I intended to downgrade to 50GB+50GB from 100GB+100GB, however whether it be poor UI design or stupidity on my part, it selected 1GB and downgraded my useless 200GB account to a even more useless 1GB account. Upon realising my mistake, I then phone support to correct this error and they had told me to UPGRADE to 50GB+50GB for which they will PREVENT any transaction going through.

I complied.

Sure as hell, R147 went off my account for "pro-rata" rate and I'm sitting on REDICULOUS amounts of DATA which I cannot use (the IRONY). I then phoned support again to complain and to my delight, I was told that the transaction will be reverted. Only to be disappointed and realise that TIA ... MF.

This was on the 9th of July and if you look at the little clock in the bottom right corner (providing you are using windows since its only explanation why Afrihost's network sucks donkey balls), the date reads "2015/07/22". So by my calculations that is 13 DAYS later.

It does not take 13 days to REVERSE a transaction, since most first world organizations do it within 24 hours. So either my request was "forgotten" or Afrihost is aiming for the grand prize of "Most customers lost in year (tm)" reward.

Anyways, Afrihost has lost another loyal customer and the door did hit that customer on the way out.

So dare I ask WTF is Afrihost going to do about it?

"Nothing"

"Well, that's what you are Afrihost... a big nothing!"

For shzz and giglzzzz: (10 MB adsl)
whooptidoo.jpg

couldnt-use-it.JPG
 
Last edited:
Okay AfriGreen was a disaster so changed back to AfriSometimesWorked [:whistle:] and it's grim as well.
Something is wrong somewhere. Getting lots of timeouts.
Logged tickets but still awaiting improvement and/or a response.

Code:
Tracing route to www.afrihost.com [41.181.185.18]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1     3 ms     1 ms     1 ms  home.gateway.home.gateway [192.168.1.254]
  2    10 ms     9 ms    10 ms  105-236-240-129-esr-lo.mtnbusiness.co.za [105.236.240.129]
  3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  4    20 ms    14 ms    14 ms  41.181.222.102
  5    15 ms    17 ms    15 ms  tb-dca-2.za--qux-c.za.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.198.188]
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7    37 ms    37 ms    38 ms  pe-cr-2.za--el-mse-1.za.mtnns.net [196.44.31.66]
  8    37 ms    97 ms     *     jh-dca-1.za--jh-cr-1.za-a.mtnns.net [196.44.0.217]
  9    37 ms    37 ms    36 ms  www.afrihost.com [41.181.185.18]

Trace complete.

Code:
Ping statistics for 41.181.185.18:
    Packets: Sent = 13, Received = 10, Lost = 3 (23% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 36ms, Maximum = 3370ms, Average = 655ms
 
Posting this for some entertainment value:

Ticket: BRB-135-66269

I am livid (and slightly intoxicated) right now; so be prepared for some hate mail:

Not only can I not download what I want, due to the bad performance on ALL Afrihost accounts, but Afrihost OWES me money.

I've explained this already on 2 different calls and yet I have not been credited.

So here is my pitiful tale (which is more than likely to be laughed off):
I intended to downgrade to 50GB+50GB from 100GB+100GB, however whether it be poor UI design or stupidity on my part, it selected 1GB and downgraded my useless 200GB account to a even more useless 1GB account. Upon realising my mistake, I then phone support to correct this error and they had told me to UPGRADE to 50GB+50GB for which they will PREVENT any transaction going through.

I complied.

Sure as hell, R147 went off my account for "pro-rata" rate and I'm sitting on REDICULOUS amounts of DATA which I cannot use (the IRONY). I then phoned support again to complain and to my delight, I was told that the transaction will be reverted. Only to be disappointed and realise that TIA ... MF.

This was on the 9th of July and if you look at the little clock in the bottom right corner (providing you are using windows since its only explanation why Afrihost's network sucks donkey balls), the date reads "2015/07/22". So by my calculations that is 13 DAYS later.

It does not take 13 days to REVERSE a transaction, since most first world organizations do it within 24 hours. So either my request was "forgotten" or Afrihost is aiming for the grand prize of "Most customers lost in year (tm)" reward.

Anyways, Afrihost has lost another loyal customer and the door did hit that customer on the way out.

So dare I ask WTF is Afrihost going to do about it?

"Nothing"

"Well, that's what you are Afrihost... a big nothing!"

For shzz and giglzzzz: (10 MB adsl)
View attachment 237372

View attachment 237374

Hi

I see the ticket has been escalated to our Accounts Management team, I'll reply here in the mean time.
I'm sorry to hear that you're having a poor experience, but I don't' think it's fair to say we aren't doing anything about it.

Not sure if you've been following with what's being discussed between our noticeboard, these forums and social media - but we're constantly working on ways forward, with the major work being done on a new network which is open for testing. I'd like to arrange you get some tests done with that account to see if your experience is improved. I'm confident it will be.

Also, a credit note was logged on your account, this should reflect on your next invoice - however a refund has also been requested. This does take time though, refunds are run in batches.
 
Okay AfriGreen was a disaster so changed back to AfriSometimesWorked [:whistle:] and it's grim as well.
Something is wrong somewhere. Getting lots of timeouts.
Logged tickets but still awaiting improvement and/or a response.

Code:
Tracing route to www.afrihost.com [41.181.185.18]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1     3 ms     1 ms     1 ms  home.gateway.home.gateway [192.168.1.254]
  2    10 ms     9 ms    10 ms  105-236-240-129-esr-lo.mtnbusiness.co.za [105.236.240.129]
  3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  4    20 ms    14 ms    14 ms  41.181.222.102
  5    15 ms    17 ms    15 ms  tb-dca-2.za--qux-c.za.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.198.188]
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7    37 ms    37 ms    38 ms  pe-cr-2.za--el-mse-1.za.mtnns.net [196.44.31.66]
  8    37 ms    97 ms     *     jh-dca-1.za--jh-cr-1.za-a.mtnns.net [196.44.0.217]
  9    37 ms    37 ms    36 ms  www.afrihost.com [41.181.185.18]

Trace complete.

Code:
Ping statistics for 41.181.185.18:
    Packets: Sent = 13, Received = 10, Lost = 3 (23% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 36ms, Maximum = 3370ms, Average = 655ms

That looks a little weird :( Did you note an improvement last night at all?
 
That looks a little weird :( Did you note an improvement last night at all?

Nope absolutely no improvement. Suspected a line issue, so logged a support issue with all required details.
Line was reset sometime around 01h41, however I had long given up.
Haven't tested this morning. Will let you know when I'm back.
 
Nope absolutely no improvement. Suspected a line issue, so logged a support issue with all required details.
Line was reset sometime around 01h41, however I had long given up.
Haven't tested this morning. Will let you know when I'm back.

Please do. We definitely want to make sure things are running smoothly from all sides :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X