Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried your AfriGreen account for a few days, but it is not much better than the MTN one.

I am not going to pay for a test account, while receiving this poor service, and I dont see any credit on my account yet. So I set my account on vacation mode two days ago.

I will rejoin you when you have this fixed, or cancel my account sometime in the future.

Sorry to hear you didn't see improved results - we've generally seen some good feedback around these accounts, they're also constantly improving.
 
Got it! Thanks.

Hey AfriPeeps.
Line is still an issue. Erratic as it was yesterday. Need your help please.
Rgds,
SD

EDIT: Should have added that email support is non existent! No responses to my ticket despite my numerous requests! myBB remains the only workable place. AfriPeeps this sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Last edited:
Good morning Afriman. I just cancelled my 50 + 50 capped and my Afrihost +. Both said it will only be cancelled on 31 Aug. Surely that should be 31 July?

Marius
Said the same when I put our account to sleep for the next few months.
 
Anyone having trouble getting on Facebook? The wife is needing her fix...

Everything is absolute trash at the moment and there's a 20min wait on the call centre.
Could be my line - but that's managed by AH.
Arrrgggggg...
 
Any else having router disconnects as well on Afrihost, or is it my router? Every so often I lose internet connection completely, and have to restart the router. Surely it can't be Afrihost to that extreme?
 
Any else having router disconnects as well on Afrihost, or is it my router? Every so often I lose internet connection completely, and have to restart the router. Surely it can't be Afrihost to that extreme?

Is this perhaps on your Afrigreen account? We've implemented a substantial amount of tweaks over the last 2 hours or so which would explain the drops there.
 
I believe we're in the process of logging a fault for you?

Are you? No one's told me that.
In fact my frustration and irritation is the radio silence.
Per my prior post there's been no feedback from email support. You guys here are the only helpful conduit but there again I haven't received any feedback today. So I'm in the dark without a stable connection. Further frustration - the call center has a wait time of 20mins and the lack of 24hr support means that line problems (should this be one) don't get attended to until office hours.
 
Are you? No one's told me that.
In fact my frustration and irritation is the radio silence.
Per my prior post there's been no feedback from email support. You guys here are the only helpful conduit but there again I haven't received any feedback today. So I'm in the dark without a stable connection. Further frustration - the call center has a wait time of 20mins and the lack of 24hr support means that line problems (should this be one) don't get attended to until office hours.

Our is available 24-hours a day, incoming calls close at 20h00, but our Team will call you back if you submit a SMS with Help in it to 32541.

We're also going to be integrating our LiveChat and Help functionality into our App.
 
Our is available 24-hours a day, incoming calls close at 20h00, but our Team will call you back if you submit a SMS with Help in it to 32541.

We're also going to be integrating our LiveChat and Help functionality into our App.

Hey man,
Do appreciate your assistance. You and the other guys here are holding things together for AH.
The situation is that my ticket and support requests are not receiving attention from AH H/O.
I have no idea where things are and my connection remains awful.

I pulled out an old email from someone from ICU in desperation and managed to contact them.
They are currently working on the issue for me however I'm sure you'll agree that the call centre has dropped the ball.
Not sure who you escalated to / discussed the issue with but I've heard nothing back from anyone today.
Support should be run out of the call centre supported by you guys. Pulling strings and working around the process to get support isn't sensible. I wrote a long post on this to Gian (on his thread) however he's not responded to that.
 
Hey man,
Do appreciate your assistance. You and the other guys here are holding things together for AH.
The situation is that my ticket and support requests are not receiving attention from AH H/O.
I have no idea where things are and my connection remains awful.

I pulled out an old email from someone from ICU in desperation and managed to contact them.
They are currently working on the issue for me however I'm sure you'll agree that the call centre has dropped the ball.
Not sure who you escalated to / discussed the issue with but I've heard nothing back from anyone today.
Support should be run out of the call centre supported by you guys. Pulling strings and working around the process to get support isn't sensible. I wrote a long post on this to Gian (on his thread) however he's not responded to that.

That's not cool at all!

I'll follow-up on this and find out what happened with Support.
 
Hey AfriGenie, please save my insanity :wtf:

Ticket: AZL-468-15680, I logged this ticket and the question the moron asked me had nothing to do with what you asked to log the ticket for. This is what is driving Afrihost clients away. I still would like to find that other moron that told my Mom we are downloading to much which resulted in frequent disconnects.

Have a wicked weekend :twisted:
 
No one else having issues with afrihost right now? Getting 300 ping to JHB game server.
 
No one else having issues with afrihost right now? Getting 300 ping to JHB game server.

*sigh*
Code:
Ping statistics for 41.181.185.18:
    Packets: Sent = 5, Received = 5, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 265ms, Maximum = 898ms, Average = 401ms

Code:
Tracing route to www.afrihost.com [41.181.185.18]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1     1 ms    <1 ms     1 ms  home.gateway.home.gateway [192.168.1.254]
  2    17 ms     9 ms     9 ms  105-236-240-129-esr-lo.mtnbusiness.co.za [105.236.240.129]
  3   317 ms   309 ms   311 ms  ipc-recieve-tb-1a.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.53.150]
  4   283 ms   279 ms  1317 ms  tb-dca-2.za--qux-c.za.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.198.188]
  5   267 ms   272 ms   277 ms  unc-cpt-1.mtnns.net [196.44.18.8]
  6   315 ms     *        *     pe-cr-2.za--el-mse-1.za.mtnns.net [196.44.31.66]
  7   293 ms   281 ms   298 ms  jh-dca-1.za--jh-cr-1.za-a.mtnns.net [196.44.0.217]
  8   289 ms   271 ms   276 ms  www.afrihost.com [41.181.185.18]

Trace complete.
 
That's not cool at all!

I'll follow-up on this and find out what happened with Support.

No follow-up's and I guess that's it until Monday (I hope... but won't hold my breath) :(
When I moved my line to AH it was because service was impeccable.
Then the wheels fell off and they're still off.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X