Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear you've been having issues, but it's not necessary to call anyone a moron. Not cool.
I see the issue is with your Afrigreen account - you'll need to log the feedback via the official thread or ClientZone for our network team to run through.
Yep you're right. In his defense he start by saying you all drove him insane. ;)
 
We're doing our best to have Telkom resolve the open fault on your line :( Escalating and pushing for a resolution as often as we can.
Appreciate that. Wasn't aware of a fault opened. Still getting inane emails from support - they're clearly on another mission telling me to try AfriGreen (churning out form email's) when I'd clearly stated in the issue that performance on AfriGreen was worse :(.

My direct line into ICU responded this morning indicating that they're awaiting a response from Telkom, No fault was however mentioned.
Last update was that the line was looking a-ok. Assume they're waiting on Telkom to respond to the results of the Guest account speedtests.

Regards,
SD
 
Appreciate that. Wasn't aware of a fault opened. Still getting inane emails from support - they're clearly on another mission telling me to try AfriGreen (churning out form email's) when I'd clearly stated in the issue that performance on AfriGreen was worse :(.

My direct line into ICU responded this morning indicating that they're awaiting a response from Telkom, No fault was however mentioned.
Last update was that the line was looking a-ok. Assume they're waiting on Telkom to respond to the results of the Guest account speedtests.

Regards,
SD

Please rather communicate with ICU only, they're the best at what they do - let's not try to duplicate the work :)
 
Those numbers seem far too high for a local test :(
Would you mind pasting some results here so I can see where the issues are coming in?

It's not the first time I've experienced this on Afrihost.
it's one of the reasons I never connect anymore.

Even on a 40Mb line you sometimes find videos buffering at low res.
I never experience the same thing on VOX.

Quite frankly, I don't provide info anymore as it's really not my responsibility to sort your network out for you.
CW used to do this to me before I left as well.
No point in providing multiple tracert and pathpings if the problem just persists.
Either way, I don't use Afrihost enough to bother anymore.

I just thought I'd let people know how the account performs.
 
It's not the first time I've experienced this on Afrihost.
it's one of the reasons I never connect anymore.

Even on a 40Mb line you sometimes find videos buffering at low res.
I never experience the same thing on VOX.

Quite frankly, I don't provide info anymore as it's really not my responsibility to sort your network out for you.
CW used to do this to me before I left as well.
No point in providing multiple tracert and pathpings if the problem just persists.
Either way, I don't use Afrihost enough to bother anymore.

I just thought I'd let people know how the account performs.

I'm more than willing to help either way :)
If there have been previous results submitted to our team I can check those if you PM me your account info.

Just checking though, have you tested Afrigreen to see if there's any noted improvement?
 
It's not the first time I've experienced this on Afrihost.
it's one of the reasons I never connect anymore.

Even on a 40Mb line you sometimes find videos buffering at low res.
I never experience the same thing on VOX.

Quite frankly, I don't provide info anymore as it's really not my responsibility to sort your network out for you.
CW used to do this to me before I left as well.
No point in providing multiple tracert and pathpings if the problem just persists.
Either way, I don't use Afrihost enough to bother anymore.

I just thought I'd let people know how the account performs.

It is not the customer's responsibility to do all of that. The thing is, THEY KNOW their network is borked... I mean, honestly they can surely see it in their monitoring systems.... they do all of this to pacify the customer.... technically string them along.

What is the first thing most of us do when the ISP is acting up? Get a test account somewhere else... hell, some even have accounts with other ISPs for this very reason... and you can tell AH reps till you are blue in the face the problem is on THEIR SIDE, they will then revert back with "can you do some tracerts please"
 
Sorry to hear you've been having issues, but it's not necessary to call anyone a moron. Not cool.
I see the issue is with your Afrigreen account - you'll need to log the feedback via the official thread or ClientZone for our network team to run through.
Ok, I apologise calling them morons, but you understand the frustrations we have to deal with from the Helpdesk. They tell us things totally unrelated to the problem, and that is what gets my blood boiling. I've lost count.

I did log the call via ClientZone and that is where I got these stupid response from.
 
Last edited:
Ok, I apologise calling them morons, but you understand the frustrations we have to deal with from the Helpdesk. They tell us things totally unrelated to the problem, and that is what gets my blood boiling. I've lost count.

I did log the call via ClientZone and that is where I got these stupid response from.

Our Team working on AfriGreen are checking what is going-on with the App you mentioned. If you do raise any issues on AfriGreen, can you please use the Report Issue button on your AfriGreen's ClientZone menu under Connectivity. It'll make sure your query ends up with the right people, and you will get the appropriate and correct feedback going forward. :)
 
Our Team working on AfriGreen are checking what is going-on with the App you mentioned. If you do raise any issues on AfriGreen, can you please use the Report Issue button on your AfriGreen's ClientZone menu under Connectivity. It'll make sure your query ends up with the right people, and you will get the appropriate and correct feedback going forward. :)
Thanks AfriGenie.
 
Hi, if I downgraded the current account to the 1GB free account would that affect the Afrihost+ package at all?
 
Hi, if I downgraded the current account to the 1GB free account would that affect the Afrihost+ package at all?

It shouldn't, your Plus+ is an optional add-on that is independent of any products you may have.
 
Some thing is wrong. I am able to watch two twitch streams at source with out any buffering /s

First time in a while I can actually say I have happy with the Afrihost account. Hope it stays like this!
 
Some thing is wrong. I am able to watch two twitch streams at source with out any buffering /s

First time in a while I can actually say I have happy with the Afrihost account. Hope it stays like this!

Oh wow!

That's awesome to hear! :)
 
YouTube has been absolutely terrible the last few days, on 4meg 50+50 capped account. Constant long pause buffering on auto (read low quality)
 
Last edited:
Good morning Afriman.

I contacted you on Fri re my cancellation of 50 + 50 and A+ accounts.
When I cancelled, the system indicated that it will be cancelled on 31 Aug and not 31 July. I contacted someone on chat who sais they will sort it and I contacted you to confirm.
Lo and behold - received my invoice today and it is still there.
Please rectify - reference Account Number: A09174259
Invoice Number: IN7462937

Regards

Marius
 
Good morning Afriman.

I contacted you on Fri re my cancellation of 50 + 50 and A+ accounts.
When I cancelled, the system indicated that it will be cancelled on 31 Aug and not 31 July. I contacted someone on chat who sais they will sort it and I contacted you to confirm.
Lo and behold - received my invoice today and it is still there.
Please rectify - reference Account Number: A09174259
Invoice Number: IN7462937

Regards

Marius

It looks like we had to start our billing run a day early to accommodate the weekend in the middle of everything.

I would want to check on the changes made. If they simply credited August's fee, you would still receive an invoice but not actually be debited as the credit offsets the invoice.

Can you please PM me? Should be easy to clear up for you :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X