Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is dead on my side.
20mbps VDSL
Code:
Last Result:
Download Speed: 1841 kbps (230.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 225 kbps (28.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 307 ms
‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2015‎ ‎17‎:‎26‎:‎26‎
Looking to ditch this mess but line is with AH. Need to figure out who to take my line to. :S
 
Wow. Never thought Thor would leave. Things must be bad. I only use Afrihost for my day time internet. Vox bolt on at night. Been doing that for a while. Noticed that I haven't used up much cap on my Afrihost account. Last I checked was at 2gb used another 6 left. Wonder if I will be able to before month end.
 
I had 200gbytes left on my AH account... Cannot use, just won't download.
Just decided to cut my losses, and move on. I do feel your pain tho
 
I also have decided to leave. As soon as I find a good alternative, neotel or the like. Been with these guys for 5 years now. The problems never stop. I can happily say that it not telkom or my line, it is only when afrihost has problems.

Cheers.
 
I also have decided to leave. As soon as I find a good alternative, neotel or the like. Been with these guys for 5 years now. The problems never stop. I can happily say that it not telkom or my line, it is only when afrihost has problems.

Cheers.

the first excuse an ISP uses, is to blame Telkom.. its always been that way. I think Telkom has unfairly taken the rap for millions of faults.. the ISPs love Telkom, they can blame them, and just deny, deny deny..
 
the first excuse an ISP uses, is to blame Telkom.. its always been that way. I think Telkom has unfairly taken the rap for millions of faults.. the ISPs love Telkom, they can blame them, and just deny, deny deny..

And fairly taken for billions.
Most of the time it is telkom's fault and not the ISP's one. The high costs of internet are still due to Telkom IPC.
 
Is there any ISP that will offer prepaid ADSL that won't expire? I know that Afrihost offers top up data that lasts till the following month. I would like data that I can use when I want. So if I bulk buy 50GB I want to choose to use that within a month or a year. Is this available anywhere?
 
Hey AfriGenie, please save my insanity :wtf:

Ticket: AZL-468-15680, I logged this ticket and the question the moron asked me had nothing to do with what you asked to log the ticket for. This is what is driving Afrihost clients away. I still would like to find that other moron that told my Mom we are downloading to much which resulted in frequent disconnects.

Have a wicked weekend :twisted:
Blessing reset my @afrigreen account and said they don't block protocols.............???
What does that have to do with an Apple App not accessing the Internet but the rest of the Apps on the iPad work...........??? If I switch to @afrihost or 3G, the App works.
Typical Text Book morons if you ask me. AfriGenie, your assistance please :)
 
Last edited:
I tried my Afrihost account on Friday after running out of VOX data.
220ms pings to Cape Town and half line speed.
I disconnected and rather paid for extra VOX data at a premium I might add.

Afrihost has lost the plot it seems.
 
And fairly taken for billions.
Most of the time it is telkom's fault and not the ISP's one. The high costs of internet are still due to Telkom IPC.

lol.

Almost 100% of the people having issues in this thread see that their issues go away when they change to another ISP account. It is the exception that someone has an exchange or line issue.

But keep drinking the Koolaid.
 
Hey AfriGenie, please save my insanity :wtf:

Ticket: AZL-468-15680, I logged this ticket and the question the moron asked me had nothing to do with what you asked to log the ticket for. This is what is driving Afrihost clients away. I still would like to find that other moron that told my Mom we are downloading to much which resulted in frequent disconnects.

Have a wicked weekend :twisted:

Sorry to hear you've been having issues, but it's not necessary to call anyone a moron. Not cool.
I see the issue is with your Afrigreen account - you'll need to log the feedback via the official thread or ClientZone for our network team to run through.
 
Experience went to **** again!. 400 ms ping to local dota 2 servers!
Websites also take along time to open!

Really sorry to hear that :(
Do you have an Afrigreen account to test with to see if your overall experience improves?
 
Everything is dead on my side.
20mbps VDSL
Code:
Last Result:
Download Speed: 1841 kbps (230.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 225 kbps (28.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 307 ms
‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2015‎ ‎17‎:‎26‎:‎26‎
Looking to ditch this mess but line is with AH. Need to figure out who to take my line to. :S

We're doing our best to have Telkom resolve the open fault on your line :( Escalating and pushing for a resolution as often as we can.
 
I tried my Afrihost account on Friday after running out of VOX data.
220ms pings to Cape Town and half line speed.
I disconnected and rather paid for extra VOX data at a premium I might add.

Afrihost has lost the plot it seems.

Those numbers seem far too high for a local test :(
Would you mind pasting some results here so I can see where the issues are coming in?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X