Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but this is simply not working.

View attachment 235402

No POC details yet either, so have nothing to compare against. I seem to be in none of the so called "batches" in which the details are being sent...

Before joining AH when I was with the 'enemy ISP', I promised myself never to agonise myself like that again.
I'll make it less painful for myself this time around.
If I'm not mistaking, there's 9 days left for the cancellation to go in to make the July cut-off?

Unless the magic happens soon, I will be taking the new flavour of the month, also known as VOX Vetpyp, until inevitably their network becomes overloaded and congested and Vetpyp becomes DunPyp... then BottelNek, after which the journey is likely to continue in the search of uncompromised bandwidth... (although not sure this really exists in SA at these price points).

Hi Afriman/Guy
Any feedback today re the sh** network yet again today?
My p2p is not working and slow web browsing? Using a 20Mbps VDSL line.
View attachment 235412

Jump ship guys. It's honestly not worth the frustration staying with Afrihost. I've been as happy as a fat kid with cake since I moved to another ISP.
 
Just a general question.... After spending quite a bit on improving the network, how can it be so bad now! Worse than it was before the new software was implemented?? This and "contention" alone can not have caused the network to be completely unusable!
 
Just a general question.... After spending quite a bit on improving the network, how can it be so bad now! Worse than it was before the new software was implemented?? This and "contention" alone can not have caused the network to be completely unusable!

Are you referring to the current or Afrigreen network?
 
Current. I can't wait another month and hope to get picked. My family want to burn me at the stakes!
 
Streaming from international sites is unusable with constant buffering, it's exactly the same as with the non test network. :/
 
Current. I can't wait another month and hope to get picked. My family want to burn me at the stakes!

While improvements are being made wherever possibly, ultimately the final improvements in experience will be made once we switch over to the new network.
 
While improvements are being made wherever possibly, ultimately the final improvements in experience will be made once we switch over to the new network.

It doesn't answer my question, what made an "okay" network completely turn upside down in a matter of 2 weeks?
 
It doesn't answer my question, what made an "okay" network completely turn upside down in a matter of 2 weeks?

I think we've gone over the reasons a few times here.
It's ultimately been down to demand and how it's managed.
 
I think we've gone over the reasons a few times here.
It's ultimately been down to demand and how it's managed.

I don't really believe that! Except for the gradual degradation of your services, you can trace when the bulk of the issues started to happen and it wasn't in the beginning of a month when new signups happened! It was mire to the middle of June.

Also if you say it was demand it, then you must have been very close to or already over subscribed for the wheels to come off in such a short time!
 
I don't really believe that! Except for the gradual degradation of your services, you can trace when the bulk of the issues started to happen and it wasn't in the beginning of a month when new signups happened! It was mire to the middle of June.

Also if you say it was demand it, then you must have been very close to or already over subscribed for the wheels to come off in such a short time!

I don't really want to try and convince you, I guess you can believe what you want to believe. Yes, the network isn't the best - and we're working on fixing that.
 
Hey guys

Just a quick one, let's please try and keep feedback to our accounts specifically. It makes things a bit tricky when other results are posted here.
Thanks.
 
Afrigentlepersons, are only testers on Afrigreen?

Reason I ask, and perhaps I am one the lucky ones (and I'm in the South) but my experience, (other than sluggish youtube Friday evening) has been A+ the past week or so.
 
Afrigentlepersons, are only testers on Afrigreen?

Reason I ask, and perhaps I am one the lucky ones (and I'm in the South) but my experience, (other than sluggish youtube Friday evening) has been A+ the past week or so.

That's awesome news :D
 
Geez - this really is pathetic - every evening is useless - I'm so glad I cancelled.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X