Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after 5 years it looks like my account will be temporary too...
Unless Afrihost agree to match or better the VOX offer I am out of here at the end of the month.
This POC fiasco is just too little, too late and will probably collapse in 6 months like all your previous attempts.

Time will tell, but I don't believe that will be the case. If you do decide to move away, I definitely wish you all the best :)
 
First hop is your router, second hop is the Telkom BRAS/BNG, third hop is our network. No excuses, but that looks like congestion or faulton your exchange :(

Same line, same router, same exchange, different ISP.

Let me fix something for you...

If Evidence says it, it is so! :twisted:
 
Same line, same router, same exchange, different ISP.

Let me fix something for you...

If Evidence says it, it is so! :twisted:

I think the results speak for themselves, now we just have to understand them. We cannot influence the second hop, it's just not possible. That is Telkom infrastructure. So if there is latency up to that device, it needs to be addressed by Telkom. No changes we can make can make that 2nd hop latency go away.
 
Okay everyone - humble pie to follow.

I was completely and utterly wrong about how the data allocation works, and my screw up was looking at the internal accounts we use for testing, which was not created in the same way as client accounts.

Usage on both afrihost.co.za and afrigreen is recorded as coming from the same data allocation. So if you use either account, then it will deplete both links, as essentially our system sees them as the same allocation. So any data that was used prior to getting your credentials will be included in the allocation.

I am totally, totally sorry about the mess up here, totally misunderstood by us, and just had one of our developers come and set us straight on this issue. Thanks for pointing this out, and hopefully I haven't confused too many people with the wrong info :(
 
Okay everyone - humble pie to follow.

I was completely and utterly wrong about how the data allocation works, and my screw up was looking at the internal accounts we use for testing, which was not created in the same way as client accounts.

Usage on both afrihost.co.za and afrigreen is recorded as coming from the same data allocation. So if you use either account, then it will deplete both links, as essentially our system sees them as the same allocation. So any data that was used prior to getting your credentials will be included in the allocation.

I am totally, totally sorry about the mess up here, totally misunderstood by us, and just had one of our developers come and set us straight on this issue. Thanks for pointing this out, and hopefully I haven't confused too many people with the wrong info :(

Yeeeeps!

Better halt that 18GB distro download now then.
 
Okay everyone - humble pie to follow.

I was completely and utterly wrong about how the data allocation works, and my screw up was looking at the internal accounts we use for testing, which was not created in the same way as client accounts.

Usage on both afrihost.co.za and afrigreen is recorded as coming from the same data allocation. So if you use either account, then it will deplete both links, as essentially our system sees them as the same allocation. So any data that was used prior to getting your credentials will be included in the allocation.

I am totally, totally sorry about the mess up here, totally misunderstood by us, and just had one of our developers come and set us straight on this issue. Thanks for pointing this out, and hopefully I haven't confused too many people with the wrong info :(

Lol, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Promising...
 
Lol, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Promising...

Yep, That is why I just cancelled, I can no longer tolerate the Arrogance and the broken promises......
Their PR does them more harm than good.
 
Lol, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Promising...

I know that was a blunder. But to their credit, the network team are monitoring the threads for feedback and bugs, picked up the discrepancy and pointed out the error we made in basing our assumption on our staff accounts.

That is definitely our bad :(
 
Yep, That is why I just cancelled, I can no longer tolerate the Arrogance and the broken promises......
Their PR does them more harm than good.
Am going to miss your many posts on this forum - most of which were spot-on!
That Vox deal is sure looking very enticing - particularly the roll-over of unused data which is a concept that AH just totally don't seem to get. Am definitely going for that at month end if current problems not resolved - this after being a client for nearly five years.
Jeez, this is stuff that we, as clients have bought and paid for with hard-earned cash but have to give back at every month end without any refund. Mostly unused data is there because AH haven't been able to give me the service that I pay for. Where is the morality here?
BTW am still waiting for my Afrigreen/blue POC account!
 
No worries.

You have helped me out a number of times in the past to negate this completely.

So... forgetaboutit... capisce. :p

I feel like this is appropriate ;)

[
FazDeZe.jpg
 
I'm sorry, but this is simply not working.

4509519988.png

No POC details yet either, so have nothing to compare against. I seem to be in none of the so called "batches" in which the details are being sent...

Before joining AH when I was with the 'enemy ISP', I promised myself never to agonise myself like that again.
I'll make it less painful for myself this time around.
If I'm not mistaking, there's 9 days left for the cancellation to go in to make the July cut-off?

Unless the magic happens soon, I will be taking the new flavour of the month, also known as VOX Vetpyp, until inevitably their network becomes overloaded and congested and Vetpyp becomes DunPyp... then BottelNek, after which the journey is likely to continue in the search of uncompromised bandwidth... (although not sure this really exists in SA at these price points).
 
I'm sorry, but this is simply not working.

View attachment 235402

No POC details yet either, so have nothing to compare against. I seem to be in none of the so called "batches" in which the details are being sent...

Before joining AH when I was with the 'enemy ISP', I promised myself never to agonise myself like that again.
I'll make it less painful for myself this time around.
If I'm not mistaking, there's 9 days left for the cancellation to go in to make the July cut-off?

Unless the magic happens soon, I will be taking the new flavour of the month, also known as VOX Vetpyp, until inevitably their network becomes overloaded and congested and Vetpyp becomes DunPyp... then BottelNek, after which the journey is likely to continue in the search of uncompromised bandwidth... (although not sure this really exists in SA at these price points).

Really sorry about all of this :( I'm confident we're close to having things running smoothly again really soon.
 
Hi Afriman/Guy
Any feedback today re the sh** network yet again today?
My p2p is not working and slow web browsing? Using a 20Mbps VDSL line.
4509578966.png
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X