Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. Or I am not correct. Time will tell, I guess ;)

But we need answers, not guesses, could you please ask someone who knows because what you are saying is contrary to what was posted in the AfriGreen thread.
 
But we need answers, not guesses, could you please ask someone who knows because what you are saying is contrary to what was posted in the AfriGreen thread.

Pretty sure I am right. Don't think AfriGuy or anyone else has posted anything to the contrary.
 
Here.

Just checked with AfriGuy, and we're all on the same page that the links don't affect each other, but ClientZone reporting seems a little off.

Ok, This may be what I was thinking of :

Can I still access my old DSL account?

Your old DSL account details will be locked once you've connected with your new account. If you would like to switch back to your current DSL account, please get in touch by emailing [email protected].

So is the above still true or can we freely switch between them ?
 
Just checked with AfriGuy, and we're all on the same page that the links don't affect each other,...

You were in agreement with each other that there was nothing wrong with the network for the past 6 months too.
 
Ok, This may be what I was thinking of :

So is the above still true or can we freely switch between them ?

The initial intent was to lock the accounts, and that was what was in the mailer clients received with their credentials. We decided against enforcing this initially, becuase we want people to have the ability to switch back for priority services if we have any bugs.

This was covered several times in various threads, I believe :)
 
This was covered several times in various threads, I believe :)

I have not received my account or email yet so have not been following the feedback threads.

That aside I quoted from your own FAQ, if it is superseded by other posts it should be updated in the FAQ not up to the user to then read every thread to confirm it then your FAQ holds as much water as you bogus network Status postings.
 
First hop is your router, second hop is the Telkom BRAS/BNG, third hop is our network. No excuses, but that looks like congestion or faulton your exchange :(

If it was an exchange issue, wouldn't his IS traceroute exhibit the same behaviour? Except it doesn't....
 
Last edited:
I have not received my account or email yet so have not been following the feedback threads.

That aside I quoted from your own FAQ, if it is superseded by other posts it should be updated in the FAQ not up to the user to then read every thread to confirm it then your FAQ holds as much water as you bogus network Status postings.

That's an FAQ in an email that was sent out. I don't think we can recall emails that have already been sent. As I said, that was the initial intention, and we're just holding off for now, until things are a little smoother. Definitely nothing bogus going on here. I know you've made it clear that you don't trust us, and hopefully that will change, but if you're choosing to stick around, let's try to meet each other half way here :(
 
We used that from the original email. As I said, access to both accounts is temporary until we have more data and feedback.

Well after 5 years it looks like my account will be temporary too...
Unless Afrihost agree to match or better the VOX offer I am out of here at the end of the month.
This POC fiasco is just too little, too late and will probably collapse in 6 months like all your previous attempts.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X