Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to use my adsl at night and reading these afrihosts threads. Seriously makes me feel like using foul language. I seriously don't get why anyone would stay with this company and eat up this bull they are feeding their clients.

I sell grilled chicken for a living. If a customer isn't happy I refund or replace to make sure the customer gets what they pay for. I even compensate with extra stuff to keep them happy.

What makes afrihost so special to think they can screw their customers with shocking service and then they have to fight to get a refund.

I personally have requested a refund for poor service and sent the requested proof. A week later I'm still waiting for a response.

For month you overcharged me for a 10meg line when from day 1 I informed you I had a 4 meg line. I was promised a refund. Still to date not a thing. Your common criminals.

I'm sorry I say screw you afrihost. I'd rather not have internet than deal with you.

Please excuse the language everyone but I have to rant. This company is a joke.
 
Last edited:
Overall latency in the South doesn't seem to have deviated much on my general report. But I can see you shot up to 100ms+, which is pretty poor for local. Have you signed up to test Afrigreen?

Good morning

no did not sign up for anything. There is so many people still not happy on that side of the fence. Really not in the mood to be testing things. I just want to connect to the net and use it. you know to get what I pay for.
 
Trying to use my adsl at night and reading these afrihosts threads. Seriously makes me feel like using foul language. I seriously don't get why anyone would stay with this company and eat up this bull they are feeding their clients.

I sell grilled chicken for a living. If a customer isn't happy I refund or replace to make sure the customer gets what they pay for. I even compensate with extra stuff to keep them happy.

What makes afrihost so special to think they can screw their customers with shocking service and then they have to fight to get a refund.

I personally have requested a refund for poor service and sent the requested proof. A week later I'm still waiting for a response.

For month you overcharged me for a 10meg line when from day 1 I informed you I had a 4 meg line. I was promised a refund. Still to date night thing. Your common criminals.

I'm sorry I say screw you afrihost. I'd rather not have internet than deal with you.

Please excuse the language everyone but I have to rant. This company is a joke.

I'm sorry that you've had a terrible experience. I think I can definitely relate to what you're saying. We know that recently performance has not always been up to our clients expectation, and it's something we do take very seriously. With a service, especially a complex network, it would be difficult to simply replace a product, no ISP has that kind of redundancy to simply swop out a product. This is why we try to base our relationship with clients on a deeper sense of trust so that they know that even when things are bad, we will always resolve these problems in the end and then find ways to reward them for sticking with us in the end. I can promise that in the background, we've never ever sat back to simply pocket clients money while doing nothing to fix their poor experience. We always do everything we can in the background, usually spend more in the background on specialists, testing, equipment and (recently) investing in brand new technology and infrastructure to lay a good foundation for the future. I can honestly say that we always have our clients best interests at heart in everything we do.
 
Good morning

no did not sign up for anything. There is so many people still not happy on that side of the fence. Really not in the mood to be testing things. I just want to connect to the net and use it. you know to get what I pay for.

I think in general the feedback is definitely positive. Remember that most people will report problems, not necessarily everything that works. From the volume of users on the network, compared to reported bugs, I would definitely say that AfriGreen is generally positive. We don't expect anyone to disrupt their day to day stuff to test. We're just hoping you'll do what you do, and report anything out of the ordinary.
 
I think in general the feedback is definitely positive. Remember that most people will report problems, not necessarily everything that works. From the volume of users on the network, compared to reported bugs, I would definitely say that AfriGreen is generally positive. We don't expect anyone to disrupt their day to day stuff to test. We're just hoping you'll do what you do, and report anything out of the ordinary.

So is everyone in the end going over to this network? If so then I will try it. What do I need to do?
 
I still have not received my test account details. Afrihost got until 24 July and then I am cancelling. I did say this before on this forum and to Afrihost support via e-mail and this doesn't seem to bother them at all. Looking at the number of people who already cancelled, from these forums, it seems that it really does not bother Afrihost.
And by the test results of AfriGreen, for some users, the network is not performing as they hoped.
 
I think in general the feedback is definitely positive. Remember that most people will report problems, not necessarily everything that works. From the volume of users on the network, compared to reported bugs, I would definitely say that AfriGreen is generally positive. We don't expect anyone to disrupt their day to day stuff to test. We're just hoping you'll do what you do, and report anything out of the ordinary.

Registered and got this email.
Hi There!
Thanks for registering your interest in testing our new network, your details have been captured. We are not quite ready to start the public phase of testing yet, but as soon as we are, we'll send through information on how you can hop on-board and help us shape the future of Afrihost Fixed-Line Connectivity.
Thanks again for your ongoing support!
We couldn't do what we do without you.
The Afrihost Team
 
I still have not received my test account details. Afrihost got until 24 July and then I am cancelling. I did say this before on this forum and to Afrihost support via e-mail and this doesn't seem to bother them at all. Looking at the number of people who already cancelled, from these forums, it seems that it really does not bother Afrihost.
And by the test results of AfriGreen, for some users, the network is not performing as they hoped.

And the best of everything is.......we are paying to test Afrihost's POC networks.......isnt that just fantastic.
It's like paying to get beta versions of games.....paying a developer to test their software.
 
And the best of everything is.......we are paying to test Afrihost's POC networks.......isnt that just fantastic.
It's like paying to get beta versions of games.....paying a developer to test their software.


Aggree with you. if they want us to test then give us the gigs to use then as well. We can test for an extras 100gigs
 
So is everyone in the end going over to this network? If so then I will try it. What do I need to do?

We are still getting our AfriBlue network ready for testing. It's too early to say which network will be the final one. We don't have any data from AfriBlue yet :(
 
We'll need to run further tests to confirm, but the latency looks like it's being introduced at your exchange.
Have you tested with another ISP to see if the results are replicated?

2Mb Line on Plugg Uncapped

Speedtest results:
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4508703185


Tracing route to blizzardentertainment.com [72.172.89.185]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms 196-210-154-129.dynamic.isadsl.co.za [196.210.154.129]
3 65 ms 65 ms 17 ms cdsl1-rba-vl2460.ip.isnet.net [196.38.72.217]
4 19 ms 18 ms 15 ms cdsl1-rba-vl150.ip.isnet.net [196.38.73.17]
5 20 ms 20 ms 19 ms core2-pkl-t0-7-0-0.ip.isnet.net [168.209.1.163]
6 216 ms 217 ms 199 ms 168.209.246.66
7 209 ms 202 ms 191 ms 168.209.246.65
8 224 ms 235 ms 198 ms ge-2-1-0.mpr1.lhr2.uk.above.net [195.66.224.76]
9 238 ms 226 ms 199 ms ae10.mpr2.lhr2.uk.zip.zayo.com [64.125.31.194]
10 330 ms 336 ms 272 ms v94.ae29.cr1.dca2.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.30.104]
11 365 ms 363 ms 323 ms v52.ae29.cr1.lax112.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.30.14]
12 380 ms 385 ms 323 ms ae0.mpr1.lax5.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.32.66]
13 380 ms 390 ms 323 ms 64.125.186.182.IPYX-100300-001-ZYO.above.net [64.125.186.182]
14 349 ms 338 ms 334 ms cr01-2-4.lax6.netdc.com [72.172.64.13]
15 337 ms 336 ms 336 ms 72.172.89.185

Trace complete.


Ping results:
http://postimg.org/image/3rsxvjpsh/

Time caught me yesterday and I couldn't follow up on your request, but here are the results of a different ISP as you asked.
 
I still have not received my test account details. Afrihost got until 24 July and then I am cancelling. I did say this before on this forum and to Afrihost support via e-mail and this doesn't seem to bother them at all. Looking at the number of people who already cancelled, from these forums, it seems that it really does not bother Afrihost.
And by the test results of AfriGreen, for some users, the network is not performing as they hoped.

AfriGreen is definitely working well in general. It's a great thing that we've gone through this (in part) with moving to MTN, so we have some experience of field testing a brand new network, and I can definitely say this is generally going well. It would be great if there were no issues, but judging by the speed with which we're able to resolve issues as they come up, it is definitely positive.

If you applied for the account, please PM me. I'll see if I can get you pushed up the list to be added.
 
Registered and got this email.
Hi There!
Thanks for registering your interest in testing our new network, your details have been captured. We are not quite ready to start the public phase of testing yet, but as soon as we are, we'll send through information on how you can hop on-board and help us shape the future of Afrihost Fixed-Line Connectivity.
Thanks again for your ongoing support!
We couldn't do what we do without you.
The Afrihost Team

That is a generic mailer. Probably needs to be changed.

Send me a PM, will see if I can get you added to the next batch of added users.
 
And the best of everything is.......we are paying to test Afrihost's POC networks.......isnt that just fantastic.
It's like paying to get beta versions of games.....paying a developer to test their software.

I think it's important to remember that we're giving you the full data allocation and also not yet locking your old account. So you can actually get a lot more data out and not pay more.

We also don't expect anyone to take the day off to test the network. Most of the priority services are working well, and we only ask that report any bugs (if any) that you come across. The network has already been extensively tested internally.
 
2Mb Line on Plugg Uncapped

Speedtest results:
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4508703185


Tracing route to blizzardentertainment.com [72.172.89.185]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms 196-210-154-129.dynamic.isadsl.co.za [196.210.154.129]
3 65 ms 65 ms 17 ms cdsl1-rba-vl2460.ip.isnet.net [196.38.72.217]
4 19 ms 18 ms 15 ms cdsl1-rba-vl150.ip.isnet.net [196.38.73.17]
5 20 ms 20 ms 19 ms core2-pkl-t0-7-0-0.ip.isnet.net [168.209.1.163]
6 216 ms 217 ms 199 ms 168.209.246.66
7 209 ms 202 ms 191 ms 168.209.246.65
8 224 ms 235 ms 198 ms ge-2-1-0.mpr1.lhr2.uk.above.net [195.66.224.76]
9 238 ms 226 ms 199 ms ae10.mpr2.lhr2.uk.zip.zayo.com [64.125.31.194]
10 330 ms 336 ms 272 ms v94.ae29.cr1.dca2.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.30.104]
11 365 ms 363 ms 323 ms v52.ae29.cr1.lax112.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.30.14]
12 380 ms 385 ms 323 ms ae0.mpr1.lax5.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.32.66]
13 380 ms 390 ms 323 ms 64.125.186.182.IPYX-100300-001-ZYO.above.net [64.125.186.182]
14 349 ms 338 ms 334 ms cr01-2-4.lax6.netdc.com [72.172.64.13]
15 337 ms 336 ms 336 ms 72.172.89.185

Trace complete.


Ping results:
http://postimg.org/image/3rsxvjpsh/

Time caught me yesterday and I couldn't follow up on your request, but here are the results of a different ISP as you asked.

We generally find that running passthrough returns different results to actually changing your username in the router. Looks to me like this might be how this test was run. Can you please test with details in your router so we can see full trace route, including your exchange?
 
I think it's important to remember that we're giving you the full data allocation and also not yet locking your old account. So you can actually get a lot more data out and not pay more.

We also don't expect anyone to take the day off to test the network. Most of the priority services are working well, and we only ask that report any bugs (if any) that you come across. The network has already been extensively tested internally.

Uhm... a lot more data? I had 20GBS in the MTN account and received 20GBS in the AfriGreen account.

The data used in AfriGreen is subtracted from the MTN data accounts... so it is no way "more" data... the cap (data allocation) is shared between the two accounts.
 
Last edited:
Uhm... a lot more data? I had 20GBS in the MTN account and received 20GBS in the AfriGreen account.

The data used in AfriGreen is subtracted from the MTN data accounts... so it is no way "more" data... the cap (data allocation) is shared between the two accounts.

It's your full allocation, so that would be be 100% of your data, regardless of what you've used. Depends on what you have with us. We're also adding the double data, so I think it's pretty fair to say it's not working against you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X