Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not great at all. We'll definitely need to look at that. Was this on YouTube or another streaming service like GoToWebinar or Slideshare?

This is the issue I have been complaining over for the last 7 weeks. The platform is projectmanagement.com. You have a whole thread of PM's, where I got quite rude at one stage (sorry), about it already.

Telkom was at my home on Monday. They gave my line and port a clean bill of health. My SNR is in the 50's. Should be FINE!!!

So it must be AH's fault, and even if it is not, it is still your problem, as you manage my line as well.
 
This is the issue I have been complaining over for the last 7 weeks. The platform is projectmanagement.com. You have a whole thread of PM's, where I got quite rude at one stage (sorry), about it already.

Telkom was at my home on Monday. They gave my line and port a clean bill of health. My SNR is in the 50's. Should be FINE!!!

So it must be AH's fault, and even if it is not, it is still your problem, as you manage my line as well.

Why not test with another ISP's free account?
 
This is the issue I have been complaining over for the last 7 weeks. The platform is projectmanagement.com. You have a whole thread of PM's, where I got quite rude at one stage (sorry), about it already.

Telkom was at my home on Monday. They gave my line and port a clean bill of health. My SNR is in the 50's. Should be FINE!!!

So it must be AH's fault, and even if it is not, it is still your problem, as you manage my line as well.

I'll check with AfriMan, if there is an issue affecting specific sites, we'll get it sorted. I can send you a Test account if you do not have one already.
 
4506758453.png

Has the 'old' network already been abandoned for the new? It seems so today.
This is not working...
10MB line.

Also haven't received my POC test details yet.
 
View attachment 234952

Has the 'old' network already been abandoned for the new? It seems so today.
This is not working...
10MB line.

Also haven't received my POC test details yet.

It definitely hasn't, no.
We're still working on providing the best possible experience - but long term, a fix for the issues that have been discussed here are being fixed by implementing a POC.
 
I've already logged a support ticket with tech support requesting my POC account details, as I can't even work today. How do I go about it to just be able to operate? Pretty pretty fekkin please.
 
I've already logged a support ticket with tech support requesting my POC account details, as I can't even work today. How do I go about it to just be able to operate? Pretty pretty fekkin please.

Afrigreen details are being sent out in batches, I'm afraid we can't allocate details manually.
What's the experience like now though? Any tests that I can look at?
 
I'm not sure a company can focus on it's client's vision. That would be a company that chops and changes it's values all the time.

No, that would be a company that gives it's clients what they want. Usually a recipe for success, but thanks for clarifying Afrihost's position.
 
Crap, crap and even more crap.

Afrigreen details are being sent out in batches, I'm afraid we can't allocate details manually.
What's the experience like now though? Any tests that I can look at?

2Mb line on Afrihost capped 100GB

Tracing route to blizzardentertainment.com [72.172.89.185]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 371 ms 381 ms 302 ms 105-236-6-193-esr-lo.mtnbusiness.co.za [105.236.6.193]
3 376 ms 400 ms 459 ms ipc-recieve-rb-4a.za.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.178.89]
4 358 ms 321 ms 383 ms rb-cr-1.za--rb-dca-1.za-a.mtnns.net [196.44.0.146]
5 347 ms 346 ms 351 ms jh-cr-2.za--rb-cr-1.za-a.mtnns.net [196.44.31.95]
6 477 ms 404 ms 431 ms qux-jh-dca-2.za-b.za.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.165.115]
7 * 563 ms 666 ms ls-cr-2.uk--jh-cr-1.za.mtnns.net [196.44.31.114]
8 530 ms 516 ms 566 ms ls-pr-1.uk--ls-cr-2.uk-a.mtn.net [209.212.111.201]
9 420 ms 472 ms 530 ms TenGigabitEthernet8-2.ar6.LON3.gblx.net [208.48.238.185]
10 561 ms 630 ms 648 ms p1-0.globalcrossing.londen03.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net [208.50.13.146]
11 682 ms 511 ms 450 ms ae-4.r23.londen03.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.40]
12 526 ms 551 ms 624 ms ae-3.r22.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.198]
13 618 ms 640 ms 629 ms ae-0.r23.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.126]
14 723 ms 713 ms 683 ms ae-6.r23.asbnva02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.6.176]
15 589 ms 603 ms 698 ms ae-0.r22.asbnva02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.84]
16 591 ms 603 ms 648 ms ae-3.r21.lsanca03.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.189]
17 657 ms 728 ms 719 ms ae-2.r05.lsanca03.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.86]
18 585 ms 618 ms 653 ms xe-0-6-0-13.r05.lsanca03.us.ce.gin.ntt.net [129.250.193.190]
19 673 ms 714 ms 641 ms cr02-1-1.lax6.netdc.com [72.172.64.42]
20 749 ms 729 ms 815 ms cr01-1-3.lax6.netdc.com [72.172.64.17]
21 809 ms 678 ms 641 ms 72.172.89.185

Trace complete.

I'm stoked that this completed without the whole thing dropping as it's been doing every few minutes the whole day already.
The line does not lose sync, the internet light simply goes off and comes back after ~1 minute.

Attached file is a screenshot of pinging local (left) and intl (right) servers. Bad consistency, high latency and some drops.
ping.jpg

Speedtest result:
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4506893442
^^ This is particularly interesting - note the download vs upload speed.

I had to make backups of my sites today. Take the above and use your imagination to find exactly how I feel about Afrihost right now. Some very colourful descriptive words are occupying my find for the lot of you today.

**EDIT: Forget the attachment, resized by MyBB.. Here's the file: http://postimg.org/image/f0b9jiybj/
 
Last edited:
View attachment 234988

Tracing route to blizzardentertainment.com [72.172.89.185]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 371 ms 381 ms 302 ms 105-236-6-193-esr-lo.mtnbusiness.co.za [105.236.6.193]
3 376 ms 400 ms 459 ms ipc-recieve-rb-4a.za.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.178.89]
4 358 ms 321 ms 383 ms rb-cr-1.za--rb-dca-1.za-a.mtnns.net [196.44.0.146]
5 347 ms 346 ms 351 ms jh-cr-2.za--rb-cr-1.za-a.mtnns.net [196.44.31.95]
6 477 ms 404 ms 431 ms qux-jh-dca-2.za-b.za.mtnbusiness.net [41.181.165.115]
7 * 563 ms 666 ms ls-cr-2.uk--jh-cr-1.za.mtnns.net [196.44.31.114]
8 530 ms 516 ms 566 ms ls-pr-1.uk--ls-cr-2.uk-a.mtn.net [209.212.111.201]
9 420 ms 472 ms 530 ms TenGigabitEthernet8-2.ar6.LON3.gblx.net [208.48.238.185]
10 561 ms 630 ms 648 ms p1-0.globalcrossing.londen03.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net [208.50.13.146]
11 682 ms 511 ms 450 ms ae-4.r23.londen03.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.40]
12 526 ms 551 ms 624 ms ae-3.r22.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.198]
13 618 ms 640 ms 629 ms ae-0.r23.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.126]
14 723 ms 713 ms 683 ms ae-6.r23.asbnva02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.6.176]
15 589 ms 603 ms 698 ms ae-0.r22.asbnva02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.84]
16 591 ms 603 ms 648 ms ae-3.r21.lsanca03.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.189]
17 657 ms 728 ms 719 ms ae-2.r05.lsanca03.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.86]
18 585 ms 618 ms 653 ms xe-0-6-0-13.r05.lsanca03.us.ce.gin.ntt.net [129.250.193.190]
19 673 ms 714 ms 641 ms cr02-1-1.lax6.netdc.com [72.172.64.42]
20 749 ms 729 ms 815 ms cr01-1-3.lax6.netdc.com [72.172.64.17]
21 809 ms 678 ms 641 ms 72.172.89.185

Trace complete.

I'm stoked that this completed without the whole thing dropping as it's been doing every few minutes the whole day already.
The line does not lose sync, the internet light simply goes off and comes back after ~1 minute.

Attached file is a screenshot of pinging local (left) and intl (right) servers. Bad consistency, high latency and some drops.

Speedtest result:
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4506893442
^^ This is particularly interesting - note the download vs upload speed.

I had to make backups of my sites today. Take the above and use your imagination to find exactly how I feel about Afrihost right now. Some very colourful descriptive words are occupying my find for the lot of you today.

We'll need to run further tests to confirm, but the latency looks like it's being introduced at your exchange.
Have you tested with another ISP to see if the results are replicated?
 
HI,
i'm having a really bad experience for the past day.
I am finding web pages taking very long to download and youtube can only stream on 240p. My p2p is extremely slow for a 20Mbps line.
4506971863.png

Ping Test:

ping 197.242.144.102

64 bytes from 197.242.144.102: icmp_req=1 ttl=57 time=22 ms
64 bytes from 197.242.144.102: icmp_req=2 ttl=57 time=15 ms
64 bytes from 197.242.144.102: icmp_req=3 ttl=57 time=25 ms
64 bytes from 197.242.144.102: icmp_req=4 ttl=57 time=17 ms
64 bytes from 197.242.144.102: icmp_req=5 ttl=57 time=14 ms


ping 8.8.8.8

64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_req=1 ttl=53 time=14 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_req=2 ttl=53 time=26 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_req=3 ttl=53 time=16 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_req=4 ttl=53 time=31 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_req=5 ttl=53 time=23 ms


Trace Test:

traceroute -n 197.242.144.102

1 192.168.1.1 3.51 ms 2.237 ms 1.756 ms
2 105.236.14.65 9.776 ms 9.515 ms 9.611 ms
3 41.181.178.65 24.977 ms 13.009 ms 22.297 ms
4 196.44.0.146 41.333 ms 21.586 ms
196.44.31.120 30.71 ms
5 196.44.0.42 53.147 ms
196.44.31.95 19.999 ms
196.44.31.171 15.378 ms
6 41.181.165.115 30.819 ms 24.31 ms 11.381 ms
7 196.44.31.99 22.895 ms 16.249 ms 16.424 ms
8 196.30.1.39 20.16 ms 67.565 ms
196.30.1.53 17.661 ms
9 196.31.220.27 22.939 ms 25.265 ms
196.31.220.21 30.966 ms
10 196.31.63.202 19.682 ms 27.144 ms 32.424 ms
11 196.30.42.133 20.272 ms 23.833 ms 30.279 ms
12 197.242.144.102 14.783 ms 35.501 ms 30.119 ms


traceroute -n 8.8.8.8

1 192.168.1.1 3.053 ms 1.32 ms 1.58 ms
2 105.236.14.65 8.662 ms 9.27 ms 9.322 ms
3 41.181.178.65 20.436 ms 16.566 ms 17.85 ms
4 196.44.31.120 19.496 ms 17.322 ms 18.539 ms
5 196.44.0.42 18.134 ms 29.052 ms 18.663 ms
6 41.181.165.115 18.556 ms 24.093 ms 20.57 ms
7 196.44.0.43 30.633 ms 12.55 ms
196.44.31.170 35.329 ms
8 41.181.139.109 37.698 ms 28.392 ms
41.181.139.99 39.521 ms
9 72.14.194.74 28.189 ms 39.705 ms 33.294 ms
10 72.14.239.53 18.707 ms 32.925 ms
72.14.239.117 23.117 ms
11 8.8.8.8 41.932 ms 16.153 ms 28.275 ms


DNS Test:

nslookup www.afrihost.com

Name: www.afrihost.com
Address: 41.181.185.18


nslookup www.google.com

Name: www.google.com
Address: 216.58.211.164


nslookup thishouldfail.afrihost.com

** server can't find thisshouldfail.com: NXDOMAIN
 
HI,
i'm having a really bad experience for the past day.
I am finding web pages taking very long to download and youtube can only stream on 240p. My p2p is extremely slow for a 20Mbps line.
-snip

Really sorry to hear about the poor experience here :( We're working really hard to give clients the best possible experience, and working full steam ahead on the new POC networks.

Have you signed up for testing?
 
Really sorry to hear about the poor experience here :( We're working really hard to give clients the best possible experience, and working full steam ahead on the new POC networks.

Have you signed up for testing?

I have not. I was overseas until yesterday so I have read that much about it.
If I sign up, would my internet experience be what I pay for? Or would it be as it is right now?
 
Have paused my 75 gig account with Afrihost as of 1 August. Have bought another 100 Gig account with another ISP (with rollover). I will test the new account tomorrow morning.

AH, you are officially on notice from a die hard. FFS, my SAIX account performs better than yours at the moment.
 
I have not. I was overseas until yesterday so I have read that much about it.
If I sign up, would my internet experience be what I pay for? Or would it be as it is right now?

It's hard to say, I think it's best you test it out first hand and make that judgement :)
 
Have paused my 75 gig account with Afrihost as of 1 August. Have bought another 100 Gig account with another ISP (with rollover). I will test the new account tomorrow morning.

AH, you are officially on notice from a die hard. FFS, my SAIX account performs better than yours at the moment.

Really sorry about this :( But I do understand why we're on the back burner here. I'm confident our team will have things running really well, really soon.
 
Why does it take so many hops to reach google.com?

Tracing route to google.com [216.58.223.14]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * * * Request timed out.
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * 26 ms 26 ms 41.181.222.102
4 26 ms 26 ms 26 ms tb-dca-2.za--qux-i.za.mtnbusiness.net [66.8.11.186]
5 28 ms 26 ms 26 ms unc-cpt-1.mtnns.net [196.44.18.8]
6 214 ms 214 ms 214 ms jh-cr-1.za--tb-cr-2.za.mtnns.net [196.44.31.66]
7 214 ms 214 ms * ls-cr-2.uk--rb-cr-1.za.mtnns.net [196.44.31.114]
8 213 ms * 214 ms ls-pr-2.uk--ls-cr-2.uk-a.mtn.net [209.212.111.187]
9 207 ms 206 ms 207 ms 195.50.122.181
10 214 ms 214 ms 214 ms 72.14.203.126
11 207 ms 207 ms 208 ms 209.85.255.76
12 * 215 ms 225 ms 216.239.51.7
13 222 ms 222 ms 224 ms 216.239.48.81
14 225 ms 225 ms 225 ms 216.239.43.43
15 263 ms * 262 ms 72.14.232.103
16 239 ms 239 ms 239 ms 72.14.237.239
17 262 ms 262 ms * jnb01s07-in-f14.1e100.net [216.58.223.14]
18 262 ms 259 ms * jnb01s07-in-f14.1e100.net [216.58.223.14]
19 261 ms 262 ms 260 ms jnb01s07-in-f14.1e100.net [216.58.223.14]

Trace complete.
Thank you Afrihost, I’ve received the Afrigreen credentials and I must say that there is a huge improvement between my normal and the new network. It is fantastic. :)

Tracing route to google.com [216.58.223.14]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * * * Request timed out.
2 47 ms 46 ms 46 ms 41.170.79.229
3 47 ms 46 ms 45 ms 41.170.79.230
4 50 ms 50 ms 50 ms 41.170.79.236
5 45 ms 45 ms 45 ms google.jb1.napafrica.net [196.46.25.166]
6 45 ms 45 ms 45 ms 72.14.237.239
7 45 ms 45 ms 45 ms jnb01s07-in-f14.1e100.net [216.58.223.14]

Trace complete.

231118645.png
 
Thank you Afrihost, I’ve received the Afrigreen credentials and I must say that there is a huge improvement between my normal and the new network. It is fantastic. :)

Tracing route to google.com [216.58.223.14]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * * * Request timed out.
2 47 ms 46 ms 46 ms 41.170.79.229
3 47 ms 46 ms 45 ms 41.170.79.230
4 50 ms 50 ms 50 ms 41.170.79.236
5 45 ms 45 ms 45 ms google.jb1.napafrica.net [196.46.25.166]
6 45 ms 45 ms 45 ms 72.14.237.239
7 45 ms 45 ms 45 ms jnb01s07-in-f14.1e100.net [216.58.223.14]

Trace complete.

View attachment 235014

Great to hear you're happy! Don't forget to add your feedback to the official thread http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/712920-Afrihost-POC-Network-Afrigreen-Feedback
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X