Afrihost Capped ADSL Feedback (MTN) - New beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
First we had to move to capped, from uncapped, to get decent internet...
Now it seems capped is also crap.
Just what do these so-called ISPs want then? A product we cannot use?
 
And again... 12:11 in the morning... and ALL THE LATENCY IS GONE!!!!!!
It is then very patently clear, that from 16:30 to around 23:00 its NETFLIX TIME and this is the clear cause of the problem to begin with.
 
I've cancelled but totally pissed that I only got to use 6gb out of the 200 I paid for. Similar happened last month.
 
Hi guys

Trying to get all feedback/ tests consolidated into one thread for our network guys to sift through :)
Please add your feedback and test results to this thread. Another will be created for Afriblue testing.

You sign up for POC testing here. We're sending out details in batches. If you haven't received yours yet please keep checking your inbox.

If you are having issues with your current Afrihost ADSL account please post in the relevant threads:

Business feedback
Uncapped feedback
Capped feedback

We should have a more streamlined process for feedback actioned soon :)

To reply to your post.
I do have issues. I'm not at home enough to warrant screaming about it, but it is pretty annoying to get home and not be able to watch Youtube videos or browse without having snails crawl over me.
 
It just took me 98 minutes, to watch a 58 minute presentation. It is not even HD, just powerpoint pictures and voice.

The first 45 minutes was fine, and then at 8PM it started buffering like crazy.

That's not great at all. We'll definitely need to look at that. Was this on YouTube or another streaming service like GoToWebinar or Slideshare?
 
Shocking. Just shocking. I could care less about your green, blue, purple or whatever experiments. All I want is to be able to work from home, watch YouTube, stream and download the occasional file. But you can't seem to get those basics right. So what am I paying you for, Afrihost?

I think it's definitely important to see our vision here. We want to deliver a better experience but this is a process of moving from where we are to where we want to get to. You're absolutely welcome to be part of that b participating in the proof of concept testing (and most likely get a better short term experience) or stay where you are while we get those networks ready for you to be moved over, and in the meantime you should see a better experience as more users are moved over to populate the network as we iron out any remaining kinks.
 


Mine is fine, just super super bad packet loss, cannot login Smite or any other international game.

Latency looks good, we're still trying to figure out why some users are seeing any packet loss at all. I think the focus right now is to free up as much of the network as possible so we have room to troubleshoot this properly.
 
Afrigreen

Code:
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                   No response from host -  100 |   13 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                           41.170.79.229 -    2 |   63 |   62 |   45 |  113 |  523 |   48 |
|                           41.170.79.230 -    2 |   63 |   62 |   47 |  104 |  540 |   48 |
|                           41.170.79.236 -    2 |   63 |   62 |   45 |   99 |  518 |   50 |
|                           41.169.27.249 -    2 |   63 |   62 |   46 |   98 |  522 |   47 |
|                             172.18.1.59 -    2 |   63 |   62 |   47 |  102 |  524 |   53 |
|                     mtnns-2.jinx.net.za -    2 |   63 |   62 |   47 |  104 |  526 |   47 |
|       jh-cr-1.za-jh-pr-1.za-a.mtnns.net -    2 |   63 |   62 |   48 |  103 |  530 |   49 |
|     jh-dca-1.za--jh-cr-1.za-a.mtnns.net -    2 |   63 |   62 |   47 |  104 |  523 |   50 |
|       18.185.181.41.in-addr.aserv.co.za -    2 |   63 |   62 |   47 |   99 |  525 |   47 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

THIS... is... what.. you... have... made... me... wait... for...

WTF!!!

Seriously.

UN F***ing believable!

Please can you drop me a PM with your username so the network team can contact you directly. If you can also post your AfriGreen feedback here - the guys can quickly make adjustments to get the experience right.
 
I've cancelled but totally pissed that I only got to use 6gb out of the 200 I paid for. Similar happened last month.

Sorry about that poor experience. Have you signed up to be on Afrigreen. You should definitely be able to use up some of your data before the month ends either way :(
 
To reply to your post.
I do have issues. I'm not at home enough to warrant screaming about it, but it is pretty annoying to get home and not be able to watch Youtube videos or browse without having snails crawl over me.

Absolutely, I know that most people just want the internet to work in the same way consistently - definitely reasonable. This is why we really believe that building these new networks (and the one we eventually settle on) will give us the ability to deliver a more consistent experience. We'll be able to react to problems faster and be able to prevent some things from ever affecting your experience when we can catch them early enough. Right now, for example, we're looking at Afrigreen feedback and making changes instantaneously that would have taken several days to identify.
 
Absolutely, I know that most people just want the internet to work in the same way consistently - definitely reasonable. This is why we really believe that building these new networks (and the one we eventually settle on) will give us the ability to deliver a more consistent experience. We'll be able to react to problems faster and be able to prevent some things from ever affecting your experience when we can catch them early enough. Right now, for example, we're looking at Afrigreen feedback and making changes instantaneously that would have taken several days to identify.

Thanks.
I have signed up to the link, I am willing to try and help out.
I have had a pretty decent service over the past few years and I don't believe that network jumping is the answer. It doesn't build --company-client relationships or help to sort out issues.
 
Thanks.
I have signed up to the link, I am willing to try and help out.
I have had a pretty decent service over the past few years and I don't believe that network jumping is the answer. It doesn't build --company-client relationships or help to sort out issues.

That is such an amazing way to look at things. Mind = Blown! ;)
 
Please can you drop me a PM with your username so the network team can contact you directly. If you can also post your AfriGreen feedback here - the guys can quickly make adjustments to get the experience right.

Hi

Thanks for the offer... but I think I am not going to bother... accounts have been / are being downgraded to 1GB accounts and I will be moving on... only keeping the Afrihost mobile data accounts for now.

I am done with this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X