Afrihost extends free ADSL data deal

Hemps

Executive Member
Excellent, kids will be happy they can stream all day.

Space

Read the article...
The important bit is:

“Capped DSL Data packages of less than R99 a month will no longer get 18 hours of daily Free-Time from December,” said Afrihost.

Here is Gian's full letter:

As you know Free-Time (which gives you 18 hours of free internet every day) comes to an end this month.

BUT the good news is you CAN still enjoy Free-Time next month.

So how can you keep Free-Time?

If you upgrade to a Capped package of R99 per month or more you will still get 18 hours of daily Free-Time in December.

Simply log into your ClientZone, click on the Connectivity icon, choose your DSL package, click the ‘Edit Package’ button and choose a new package of R99 or more.

Why are we stopping Free-Time for the lowest Capped packages?

From December any month-to-month Capped DSL Data package of LESS than R99 will no longer get 18 hours of Free-Time.

The truth is we wanted to keep Free-Time going forever. For everyone.

But we crunched the numbers and we simply cannot afford to do it.

For example one of our clients (who pay us R29 per month) used over 3,300GBs of Free-Time in October alone. That's less than R0.01 per GB!

While I am truly delighted that they enjoyed Free-Time and got such great value out of it (and I in no way begrudge them their free GBS!) this gives you an idea of how difficult it is for us to keep offering Free-Time to everyone.

However, as we promised we will keep Free-Time going till the end of November for ALL of our Capped Packages.

What will happen in December?

For December you can still get the full 18-hours of Free-Time if you have an ADSL data package of R99 and more.

Any Capped package of R99 and more will still automatically get the full 18 hours of free data for the whole of December.

We wanted you to have a great festive month of December and celebrate the end of 2016 in a bountiful abundance of GBs!

Unfortunately we could not stretch out the Free-Time for the smaller Capped packages, and from December they will no longer have the 18 hours of Free-Time.

What will happen from January?

I’m not sure.

I really want to keep Free-Time going somehow and I promise you that I will do everything in my power to try and do this.

However the simple truth is that it is very challenging offering Free-Time GBs on top of the already low prices we charge per GB.

But we will do our best to find a way!

I will let you know what’s happening with Free-Time in 2017 during the month of December.

So what’s the bottom line?

If you have a low capped DSL package with us, and you want to keep enjoying Free-Time, then you need to upgrade to at least a R99 per month option.

R99 per month will give you 100GB to use in the Peak hours between 18h00 and midnight AND you will have 18 hours of Free-Time to enjoy every day in December.

I want you to to keep enjoying every moment of Free-Time and download and stream to your heart's content during your daily 18 hours of Free-Time!

As always I am sincerely grateful thank you so much for your business!

Warm regards

Gian
CEO, Afrihost

P.S. To keep enjoying 18 hours of Free-Time every day in December you just need to have a month-to-month Capped DSL package of at least R99 per month with us.

Space

a suggestion for your dilemma below, Afriman:

1.) Give everyone with Afrihost Plus+ (new and existing clients) 18h of Free-Time per day, regardless of whether they are on a Capped, Uncapped or Prepaid account.

2.) Allow anyone who chooses to purchase JUST Afrihost Plus+ at R99 per month, the 18h of Free-Time per day and Soft Cap them (as per Afrihost Plus+ T's & C's to 128 kbps download speed between 18:00 and 00:00 .

3.) Any add-on data purchased will then just be for the remaining 6h each evening (between 18:00 and 00:00) according to the client's choice: Capped, Uncapped or Prepaid Afrihost data.

point 1.) above will be enough to incentivise me to buy Afrihost Plus+ which I do not currently do, and will ensure Afrihost receives at least what seems to be their break-even revenue in this case of R99 per user per month.

-------------------------

Afriman:

What will happen from January?

I’m not sure.

I really want to keep Free-Time going somehow and I promise you that I will do everything in my power to try and do this.

However the simple truth is that it is very challenging offering Free-Time GBs on top of the already low prices we charge per GB.

But we will do our best to find a way!

Madhawk

Honorary Master
Can't really blame them, R29 was way too cheap for 3000GBs.

But R99 is not bad either, hope it stays permanently.

Sl8er

Executive Member

Try R29 for 3.3TB ;)
(If you're referring to the person in the article.)

EDIT: My bad...missed the last zero :D

Kingofmybbknowitalls

Yes, ultimately there is always some ****er trying to 'beat' the system and end up ruining it for everyone.

Nice going *******.

This attitude will backfire on you some day, you can count on it.

siraman

Expert Member
Not complaining really, even if they had upped it to min R150.00,very happy so far with the performance compared to R199.00 at 2Mbps uncapped for data that I used to pay.

Edit: I also had to upgrade my line(to 4Mbps) to state that I'm happy with the service.

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
Not complaining really, even if they had upped it to min R150.00,very happy so far with the performance compared to R199.00 at 2Mbps uncapped for data that I used to pay.

Edit: I also had to upgrade my line(to 4Mbps) to state that I'm happy with the service.
Sweeeeet! :D More speed more downloads! ;)

Thor

Honorary Master
“For example, one of our clients (who pay us R29 per month) used over 3,300GBs of Free-Time in October alone. That’s less than R0.01 per GB!”
Plesier.

siraman

Expert Member
Sweeeeet! :D More speed more downloads! ;)
You just had to, neh?I think I'll "raise" you the R149(75GB+75GB)for the school holidays(currently on R99 50GB+50GB).:D Otherwise, eeeeexcellent Afrihost and keep up the awesomeness.

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
You just had to, neh?I think I'll "raise" you the R149(75GB+75GB)for the school holidays(currently on R99 50GB+50GB).:D Otherwise, eeeeexcellent Afrihost and keep up the awesomeness.
We'll do our best! ;) We do love Value.