Bryan Villain

Our area recently got fibre. Having been a long standing customer of Afrihost, I went with them for a 20mb 200gb capped package and was guaranteed there would be no throttling or shaping. Day 1, their call center got my order number wrong but still charged me for connection as at that day and not the next day when it was fixed. It was R25 so I wasn't going to cry about it. Everything going ok so far until the Monday evening approx 8:30pm. I can't even load a news24 page or facebook page. I do a speedtest to find that ping is 99ms and speed is down to 2 or 3mbs. No explanation, no one to talk to. I check the morning again, everything fine. Tuesday evening about the same time, bang, same story. I write to them, they will reset fibre. Almost 2 weeks in, Mon to Thurs from 8:30 same issue. I started getting hold of someone on FB and they say they will reset fibre and I must reset router. I do this and after it all starts up again, I have no internet. And poof the person involved has disappeared and I have no internet again. The only 2 times we have tried this, the result has been the same. I have no internet and the person involved has done a runner. I have no kicked off cancellation to move to a different ISP. Unless Afrihost does nothing short of a miracle to change my view and wow me, I will be making my experience known to community forums that are currently busy with having fibre installed in their areas.

Oneilmf

I have exactly the same experience with Afrihost.

They are bad with services support, And yet they get great ratings as an ISP.
I just don't get it.

My problem with fibe is, Vumatel is the monopoly in our area and Afrihost is the main suplier of this terrible fiber network.
I am in a catch22 and nothing can be done about it.

No one of influence reads our post my friend.
good luck.

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
My problem with fibe is, Vumatel is the monopoly in our area and Afrihost is the main suplier of this terrible fiber network.
I am in a catch22 and nothing can be done about it.
What do you mean "Afrihost is the main supplier?".
As Kloon wrote, switch to another ISP.
No one of influence reads our post my friend.
I think the Afrihost reps tend to stick to their section of the forum:
https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/forumdisplay.php/296-Afrihost-Support-Forum