Afrihost Preorder and cancelling Telkom

GreenCardigan

Hello, on Afrihost's website it says OpenServe is available for preorder, how long does this take for it to be in effect? Luckily, with Telkom it's not on contract (I EFT the amount each month). But I don't want to pay Telkom a cent more; at the beginning of my ordeal with Telkom, I didn't have internet for almost 5 months because of some error.

The lines were laid by Evotell a long time ago, so OpenServe would use the same lines, right?

tm458

Hello, on Afrihost's website it says OpenServe is available for preorder, how long does this take for it to be in effect? Luckily, with Telkom it's not on contract (I EFT the amount each month). But I don't want to pay Telkom a cent more; at the beginning of my ordeal with Telkom, I didn't have internet for almost 5 months because of some error.

The lines were laid by Evotell a long time ago, so OpenServe would use the same lines, right?
Not sure how long the order will take for it to be in effect as it depends on when openserve marks the area as live and open for normal orders.
Openserve would use their own lines and not evotel's lines as FNOs don't share infrastructure.
Maybe have a chat with @AfriNatic and see if he can help you out.

EvotelZA

Company Rep

Hi there.

Evotel doesn't share lines with Openserve. We are two separate entities, though Afrihost is also on our network. We'd be happy to have a member of our sales team reach out to assist you with getting activated on our side if you'd be interested.

I can, however, say that pre-order depends entirely when the build began and what rollout is being implemented. Trenched networks can take some time to come live. Aerial networks are quicker, but both methods are also subject to QA processes that can take some time.

Reactions: Yuu

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Openserve and Evotel won't share the same cables for rollout.

Please can you send me a pm so I can check coverage for you and advise accordingly

Reactions: Yuu