Afrihost Pure DSL

KillerOnDrugX

On another note, anyone know why I can't port forward anymore? So I used to host some game servers by port forwarding of course and one day last year it stopped working. Now if I try to have someone connect to my servers, it doesn't work. The changing IP addresses isn't a problem as I just gave everyone the new IP every time it switched (like once every week or 2). Idk if it is DSL related or router or what but it's frustrating

Ghostfibre

Company Rep
Lena Arens Rd that looks like the batteries have been ripped out.
Most of those exchanges have been decommissioned and re-routed from Openserve, Alan Paton they just straight up turned the exchange off and moved away without notice.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Most of those exchanges have been decommissioned and re-routed from Openserve, Alan Paton they just straight up turned the exchange off and moved away without notice.
How do you do that with copper? People with DSL in Alon Paton just had no lines anymore? Was Telkom kind enough to cancel their lines?

Ghostfibre

Company Rep
How do you do that with copper? People with DSL in Alon Paton just had no lines anymore? Was Telkom kind enough to cancel their lines?
We had to find out the hard way when it just vanished one day and let it go on for a month or two without it being active.

KillerOnDrugX

Anyone else been experiencing random disconnects the last few weeks?
Some yeah, and massive ping spikes at night that Openserve refused to acknowledge. I decided to switch to the Pure LTE till my fibre is live. Though of course, since placing my LTE order, the spikes and disconnects have stopped :ROFL:

rambo919

Honorary Master
Some yeah, and massive ping spikes at night that Openserve refused to acknowledge. I decided to switch to the Pure LTE till my fibre is live. Though of course, since placing my LTE order, the spikes and disconnects have stopped :ROFL:
It's coincided with herotel starting to go live in my area..... I am starting to think it's not coincidence.

KillerOnDrugX

It's coincided with herotel starting to go live in my area..... I am starting to think it's not coincidence.
I was thinking the same as mine started when Openserve started working in the area even though Metrofibre had completed their builds months before. Did you contact @AfriNatic ?

KillerOnDrugX

No I havent had too much trouble so far but the disconnects are increasing.
Let's hope it improves, but if it is getting worse you should log it. I used to get them in the mornings, around 8-11:30am but haven't had them in at least a week

rambo919

Honorary Master
Everything has stabilized, must really have been a town wide problem. If it magically comes back this weekend it will prove that it's an exchange related problem.